Bars

I don't think anyone expects gourmet food. They don't expect gourmet prices though.

What the fook is a "Pound Dog & Chips" and why does it cost more than Sunday lunch in a decent restaurant?

And as the club insists on earlier and earlier entry times, people will expect some sort of snack/drink/entertainment. Or do we need to pay Tunnel Club "gourmet" prices to be able to hear the tannoy and get a drink?

The reason they want earlier entry times is so you spend more money on their shit stuff. Why do people expect food/ drink/ entertainment? It's about 2 hours give or take. Eat and drink before you get there. Simple. Beer and food is shit at most grounds. (Cambridge's bacon sarnies not withstanding).

bar behind 201 was spot on last night

however the food iutlet was a f*cking disgrace

before game all that was on offer was really poor burgers, bucket of chips or anemic hot dog - useless twat wanted £1.50 on a £3 bucket (cardbord thimble) of chips for gravy so told him where to go - oh and no pies till halftime

half time - f*cking pies weren't ready on the countdown to whistle - a little cow stole first kippax currey pie of the shelf despite me waiting 5 minutes for it because my useless shit was learning how to use the till - absolute chaos. every game they get in new (still useless) staff

and as for the decor - fanfayre logos only half covered up and the price board was just leant against a pillar - I'm assuming noone stole it

eaststandfoodpriceboard.jpg

BTW - did anyone actually buy that £25 Dog Pound and Chips? What the hell is in it for £25?????
Was talking about this with my mate last night, for that price it has to be hotdog chips and a tit wank

The bar / food prices in the stadium are utterly ridiculous. To add insult to injury my 10% discount as a season card holder wasn't recognised at the till, even though the bill was over £10. I got a 'free' £1.50 additional bag of crisps instead! No wonder the Maine road chippy queues are so long, more food at half the price. Do City profit from the concessions or are they just a private firm? They are very badly run and vastly overpriced.

I'm amazed that so many people expect gormet food at a football ground. It's fast food. It's mostly foul. Try eating before you get to the ground. Same with the beer. Your body will thank you.

You never drank in a pub during a match? Bar prices cheaper too.

Mary D"s draught beer is bought on the cheap from the white van man. In other words about to go off or is off.
Never been in Mary D's. When you say "draught beer", do you mean proper hand-pulled bitter, or keg-stored fizzy pop, such as "smooth" or lagers? if the latter, I'll keep walking past as I have done these last 14 years, and stick to a pint of Holts in the Grove.

Never ceases to amaze me that the club miss the trick of fan zones all the land around the ground for massive beer tents food outlets imagine the money they could make with some of these, also its time to be able to take a drink to your seat, its 2017 for god sake if there is a problem then go back to no drinks at seat, but at least try it again.

Never been in Mary D's. When you say "draught beer", do you mean proper hand-pulled bitter, or keg-stored fizzy pop, such as "smooth" or lagers? if the latter, I'll keep walking past as I have done these last 14 years, and stick to a pint of Holts in the Grove.
The latter, the former does not exist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.