Bars

The reason they want earlier entry times is so you spend more money on their shit stuff. Why do people expect food/ drink/ entertainment? It's about 2 hours give or take. Eat and drink before you get there. Simple. Beer and food is shit at most grounds. (Cambridge's bacon sarnies not withstanding).
A game lasts the best part of two hours, add on the "get in an hour early" and it's 3 hours.
Time the gap between your preferred liquid refreshments today, I doubt it'll always be 3 hours.

The bar / food prices in the stadium are utterly ridiculous. To add insult to injury my 10% discount as a season card holder wasn't recognised at the till, even though the bill was over £10. I got a 'free' £1.50 additional bag of crisps instead! No wonder the Maine road chippy queues are so long, more food at half the price. Do City profit from the concessions or are they just a private firm? They are very badly run and vastly overpriced.
The catering at the stadium is contracted out, the club will receive a percentage of the net turnover effectively as a "Rent" for them being on site.
Typically the turnover percentage will be around the 20% mark.
There are logistical challenges to operating within stadia, however they can be overcome, as an example I introduced real ale to selected outlets within a London stadium, served straight from the barrel rather than via cellar rooms.
Given the shelf life of these products, typically 7 days or so when tapped there can be wasteage issues (unless there are two games in a week) given a couple of games though these issues can be resolved.
It all comes down to the caterers caring more about the customers needs, rather than simply seeing them as a cash cow every other week.
It can be done though, we virtually doubled the concourse turnover at this club in one season, by taking a much more detailed look into what supporters actually wanted.

Don't think it's too difficult to workout who the above poster is, you might want to edit that

I went to the bar 5 minutes before half time got to the front of the queue (only took a few mins as there were only about 8 people in the queue) and the fosters had gone! Right before half time all the pumps it seemed. I'm not arsed about making a fuss so I just got a strongbow in even though I don't really like it but surely someone should be aware and on top of things like that?

@allan harper Very perceptive-:) Michael Slater was indeed the CAFC chairman and is a MCFC season card holder, not me though I am afraid, I was part of the SMT at the club but not a board member!

wish we could go back to the days of maine road and PJS laying on bbq and free ale at the back of the kippax
sure the football was shit but oooh that brisket

Never ceases to amaze me that the club miss the trick of fan zones all the land around the ground for massive beer tents food outlets imagine the money they could make with some of these, also its time to be able to take a drink to your seat, its 2017 for god sake if there is a problem then go back to no drinks at seat, but at least try it again.

It's pissing down and/or freezing most home games.

Not being able to drink at your seat means people are forcing down pints and drink more before the game,which takes away the point of it.

The area around the stadium is lacking in pubs or bars in terms of quality or quantity.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...ortherner-caught-drinking-wine-20170822134424

My Basterdised version below;

A PROFESSIONAL Northerner’s credibility is in tatters after he was caught drinking wine.

A number of incidents have cast doubt on Mancunian Roy Hobbs’s claims that he only eats pies and regards anything cultural as ‘daft’.

Friend Donna Sheridan said: “I popped round unexpectedly to lend Roy a book about whippet racing and noticed a half-eaten meal of beef bourguignon, some steamed vegetables and a bottle of Argentinian Malbec.

“He made some excuse about Tesco running out of hotpot and Boddingtons, but then I heard classical music on his radio, rather than Oasis or The Verve.”

Hobbs said: “This is all a huge mix-up. I only went on that cookery course to get better at proper Northern grub like tripe in vinegar or a massive plate of mince and onion.”

He now faces disciplinary action from the Association of Professional Northerners and could be stripped of his right to use the word ‘bugger’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.