Basel (H) Post Match Thread

I see Basel has been charged for the flares/fireworks. Not surprised really, right in front of the coppers as well.

Just goes to show all those delays and searches at the turnstile are well worth it.
Good job non of them went for a smoke. :-(

Pep’s post match comments were spot on about why it all went wrong after a great start & promising first half.

“We forgot to attack, we forgot to play, we passed the ball for the sake of passing the ball. Passing the ball means to pass the ball to move the opponents to attack, but to pass for the sake of passing is nothing. In the second half it was really, really poor.”

For me the interesting fact is why he chose to let the players sort it themselves rather than intervene himself with a change of tactics / formation. Was it to see who would take the initiative ? Silva & Gundo were clearly knackered after their recent efforts and only Sane and Foden were driving forward (and Diaz in his cameo appearance).

Maybe Pep learned more about certain players in the defeat than he would have if we’d won? Still don’t get why Yaya didn’t take the free kick when it was in the area where historically he has scored?

One game at a time.Stoke next, won’t be easy but I still believe we will win.

CTID

I see Basel has been charged for the flares/fireworks. Not surprised really, right in front of the coppers as well.
Have we sacked the pyro detector dog? Or not got one? Or got a sign like at Bristol with an amnesty zone to dump pyros after which if they find one on you you don't get in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.