battling tiredness

i'm struggling a bit with feeling exhausted after work and not having much energy to do stuff in the evenings. i don't work long hours and my job is not overly taxing, so i'm sure its not work related.

i don't smoke, drink heavily or eat shit food, and my lifestyle hasn't recently changed. i'm mid forties, btw.

has anyone gone through this problem?, or can you offer some constructive tips to combat it?

much appreciated. BBS.
I'm late forties and am pretty much the same.

My job is as dull as ditchwater and I think it is the reason. No stress at all. Unfortunately it pays shitloads. I had more energy when I worked 60 to 70 hour weeks, and reckon the body and mind have just gone into some sort of permanent lull. Gonna quit and get an outside job when I can afford to. I combatted it a couple of years ago by cycling to work, but my new job is just too far away. The cycling really helped, though. But make sure you get the doc to check you over first.

Could be a whole load of things, but first port of call should be to see a Doctor.

Something else to considered is lack of quality sleep.

Things you can do for a better nights sleep:
Avoid Caffeine after 6pm.
Avoid booze.
Avoid TV/Computer/Modile phone use an hour before going to bed.
Check your mattress (you may need a new one).
Regulate the temperature in your bedroom (slightly cooler than you normally have it)
Consider Blackout Blinds.

Hope you get some answers soon.

thanks for the tip, i'm not overweight and i do walk quite a bit, but increasing excercise is something i will do.
DO NOT increase your excercise,i was told that in the early 90's and i collapsed on a tennis court and rushed to hospital,turned out i had M.E which i still have now as a chronic condition,see a dr for tests before you start anything different

Had the same issue last year, I'm in my fifties and do drink but not massive amounts. My job is office based but can be stressful at times. I went to the doctor who arranged some blood tests. Basically they completed a MOT and the blood tests were on all the organs (liver, Kidney, Blood sugars etc). It came back that my Thyroid was not producing enough of the stuff that gives the body energy. They then gave me a course of tablets after 3 months and I had to go through the whole blood test episode again. The doctor advised they had to up the the tablet strength. Since then I feel like a new person my energy levels are better than they have been in years. I have even lost some weight due to the fact that I'm getting out walking and running now. I would suggest you see the doctor. Good luck.

thanks for all the advice. i feel ok in the mornings and through the day is also ok, at night i seem to slow right down though. i'm gonna look into a lot of the suggestions here (especially the sleeping patterns and supplements). like i say, i will hang on until i'm back in blighty in sept to see my doc.

You could be suffering from 'sleeping sickness'. Have you noticed any more tsetse flies than usual? If it's not this, then see yer quack. I had a spell of getting up and feeling tired before I'd got to do anything. Retirement was the perfect cure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.