Beating the congestion charge.

brand blue heavies said:
Looking at it from a financial point of view its a load of bollox!!
There is so little money being spent on the buses (170m) and trains (350M).The money spent on all of this is pre-congestion charge but with in flation and costs there will be foook all change.The rest of the money is being spent on the trams(which is really what its all about) and we wont see most of the improvements from them till way beyond 2013.
Couple all this with the 330m it will take to run the damn thing then the 174m a year in takins from the CC looks like fook all!
Peak time traffic is already starting to reduce due to the expense of running a car.
Its all a big con and i for one will be telling them to stick it up there arses!!!

me too mate.

The money that they are spending is 12 billion too little.
Im moving to city centre soon so wont really be affected but,ill still vote fuck off.

mat said:
In London if you register as a mini cab you are exempt from paying it.

Maybe Manchester City Council will do the same?

Private Hire cabs will not be exempt,
To register as a minicab (hackney cab) you will need a plate, If your lucky to get one cheap then £40k may just cover it.

Great idea youve got going on.

But sure the public transport in Manchester is great as it is, I remember when the thought of moving to COMS was first mentioned, we were promised a new tramline through Coms out as far (i think) as Oldham & i really have enjoyed getting the tram to our ground.
What's that you say, it still has not been built, almost 8 years after it should have been completed, oh well that casts a different shadow on the latest bit of nu labour spin.
Will the referendum on the CC be at the same time as the nation gets a referendum on the lisbon treaty?

BimboBob said:
This might be a sonsible post,goes to check,yes it is.Sorry.

I have flown a Microlight.Started as a present from the in-laws on my 40th birthday(trying to tell me something) i have now been up quite a few times and i can tell you this.

You are not allowed to fly over built up areas.Outskirts only.It might have looked like he was over your house but i bet he wasn't unless he was about to crash.
Oh,it also looks a piece of piss to fly but believe me it isn't.It's bloody hard.

May i suggest a bike?

Well when I saw him uptiddlyomup-ping over my estate I was in two minds whether to have someone bring me my bally shotgun and blast the blighter out of the blessed sky.
Thanks for the info- I've decided it's not a viable option afterall.

It would appear motobikes are being encouraged by our great city leaders, they are going to be free. just a shame that since the age of 14, I have seen at least 4 close freinds killed in horrific deaths on the bloody things. personally I would prefer to take my chances with the muggers on the buses, at least I can do something about that!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.