Beer tokens

its daft that you can take a bottle of coke to your seat and throw it on the pitch if you like but a pint of beer in a shit plastic glass is a no no daft
mums and dad take there kids to pub and restaurant and drink with them at the same table so why football ground have to drink on the concourse

I guess the childlike rules reflect the authorities over zealous response to football violence 30 or 40 years ago. The rules need relaxing now to bring football back into line with Rugby and Cricket etc... That said some footie fans and alcohol are just a bad mixture. I recall being sat in Germany a few years ago - hot sunny day, everyone out drinking, pleasant afternoon, then West Ham turn up for a pre season friendly - within an hour the chairs are flying and the Essex Cockneys are trying to re enact the D Day landings - it was embarrassing. How can the German and British attitudes to having a drink be so different - we can all moan. Up to some extent we are reaping what others sowed and there is still a minority at large determined to spoil things for everyone else.

I've never bought a pint at a ground in my life, so why bother with it?

I've read no end of stuff on here about slow service and ovepriced crap, so why do you buy it?

Because I like to have a beer at half time.
Hardly rocket science is it?

Edit: I'm glad they're trying something. Hope it improves the situation

It's good to see them looking to address the issue. Beer tokens will definitely shorten queue times but it won't be by an awful lot, In the SS, of the people that go for a beer at half time, the vast majority will be drinking before the game too and are lucky to make kick off so can't see many of them bothering to buy them beforehand. The staff are the issue, i've never seen people struggle so much and take so long to serve a pint in my life. I can only assume they are given zero training before being shoved in the deep end.

This is the Germany where you can procure a beer at any time before or during a game, take it to your seat and drink it at your leisure

That's something i hope never comes into the premier league. As good as the idea sounds, there's far too many absolute bellends that launch their beer everywhere on the concourses for no reason whatsoever after queuing for an age and paying through the roof prices to get it. Imagine that happening in the stands if we scored? I already avoid the concourse at away games now at half time because of these pricks as it is.

Last edited:
I guess the childlike rules reflect the authorities over zealous response to football violence 30 or 40 years ago. The rules need relaxing now to bring football back into line with Rugby and Cricket etc... That said some footie fans and alcohol are just a bad mixture. I recall being sat in Germany a few years ago - hot sunny day, everyone out drinking, pleasant afternoon, then West Ham turn up for a pre season friendly - within an hour the chairs are flying and the Essex Cockneys are trying to re enact the D Day landings - it was embarrassing. How can the German and British attitudes to having a drink be so different - we can all moan. Up to some extent we are reaping what others sowed and there is still a minority at large determined to spoil things for everyone else.

but clubs are not stopping drinking in stadiums so i don't understand why only on the concourse can you drink its not safe at halftime on the concourse its like a farmer rounding up the cattle for milking and feeding its like a stampede when the ref blows for halftime. the clubs have got to review the rules and one way or the other something must be done to stop the crush on the concourse and beer tokens is not the answer

Fully agree Bill, They've been operating a card payment system in Germany for years , works a treat.
Yet again we are far behind ze Germans.
I went to Schalke in 2007 and bought a pre paid top up card at the beginning of the game. At the end I got the small change on it that was left back.
Of course I could drink throughout the game so no mad queues at half time

isuggestedat a meeting a bit ago that in this day and age you should be able to swipe your seasoncard and pay for food and drink. no change, no brain dead pleb trying to work a till, just in and out.
We have contactless card readers. It takes less time to swipe your debit card than putting your hand in your pocket to get money, give them your money and then to give you your change

Because I like to have a beer at half time.
Hardly rocket science is it?

Edit: I'm glad they're trying something. Hope it improves the situation

I think he means if you know it is a shit pint why buy it and waste your cash and taste buds and 10minutes of the game for the pleasure of drinking a shit pint :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.