Ben Gibson

Gibson wont be 20m though will he

I think £20m plus maybe £5m-£10m in possible add ons would be acceptable. Middlesborough are in the Championship, okay they are picking up parachute payments but they're not guaranteed to immediately bounce back, so can't underestimate how much £20m is to them. Pickford was in that ball park for Everton and he's in a similar situation, young, English etc... Also can't underestimate how much Gibson will want to leave and join us.

I think £20m plus maybe £5m-£10m in possible add ons would be acceptable. Middlesborough are in the Championship, okay they are picking up parachute payments but they're not guaranteed to immediately bounce back, so can't overestimate how much £20m is to them. Pickford was in that ball park for Everton and he's in a similar situation, young, English etc...

Rather have Evens better player.

Rather have Evens better player.

I agree, I actually think he is, not by a huge amount but right now he is. I'm not one to get hung up on the money we spend but I honestly think they're taking the piss with £30m, especially given we'll end up replacing him in 2 years. I get how much he means to West Brom but i'd rather gamble on Gibson's potential this year and get a top class attacker in (Sanchez). Then next summer, get a world class central defender in and a world class centre midfielder.

I agree, I actually think he is, not by a huge amount but right now he is. I'm not one to get hung up on the money we spend but I honestly think they're taking the piss with £30m, especially given we'll end up replacing him in 2 years. I get how much he means to West Brom but i'd rather gamble on Gibson's potential this year and get a top class attacker in (Sanchez). Then next summer, get a world class central defender in and a world class centre midfielder.

Yeah 30m for Evens seems a bit steep but if your West Brom and you look at the figures banded around for players you can understand why the asking price has gone up 10m

Yeah 30m for Evens seems a bit steep but if your West Brom and you look at the figures banded around for players you can understand why the asking price has gone up 10m

I wouldn't want to give that sour prick Pullis a penny of our money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.