Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by mavsmcfc, 26 Aug 2017.

1. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Economist, Policy Analyst
    I had several paragraphs written out to respond to earlier assertions Mendy was defensively lackadaisical and then saw these two posts that already explained my tactical analysis... not to waste, I saved them for a blog post this evening. ;-)

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

His defending was fucking awful tonight but his presence & pace defensively still adds up to more than Kolarov.

Their guy did really well against him & then Sané.

3. schfc6

schfc6

As much as Keown kept slating their 5 at the back, it lead to just one telling cross all game from our full backs. Excatly where we ripped Liverpool open.
    I thought as shit as they were in possession they snuffed out our dangerous full backs.
    The addittion of Bernardo meant it was harder for them to stiffle us centrally.

They were poor, but they were not far off tactically. We just moved the ball very quickly, too quickly for them. We also whipped in a few undefenderble crosses and we nodded a few in.

4. Don Karleone

Don Karleone

He'll do for me

5. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Yes, it wasn't easy to defend against us tonight. They are getting slaughtered for it they were under constant pressure when we had the ball & constant harrassment when they had it.

The bloke on the line letting it in, was the worst moment for them.

6. Callum Ramsey

Callum Ramsey

I said before he signed that he reminded me of a very fast version of Kolarov. Thankfully he has age on his side to sort out his defensive positioning which is his biggest weakness. He can be amongst the best in his position if he does that as he has everything else you'd want from a wing-back

7. carlosthejackal

carlosthejackal

Still building his fitness up

8. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    Took up the mantle of getting the club..... love him..

Poor defensively today though but who cares (@Neville Kneville)

9. karen7

karen7

He has only played 3 games?? not many anyway and is learning still,when pep wants him to drop back and defend he will,he is fast enough to get up and down any hows

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

He's going to be a big player for us.