Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he is more Yaya than Navas for sure
I think Mendy isn't even that fast really, it's his acceleration that's impressive. When you see him sprinting to catch a defend then everyone see's a slow guy, but when he attacks and goes one on one, he stops, slowly dribbles, then bursts down and whips a cross in.

I think Mendy isn't even that fast really, it's his acceleration that's impressive. When you see him sprinting to catch a defend then everyone see's a slow guy, but when he attacks and goes one on one, he stops, slowly dribbles, then bursts down and whips a cross in.
This, and his ball retention also. After he controlled a ball with a tackle he just takes total control of it so easily. I noticed the same thing from Bernardo and I'm quite sure that this is something what hugely impresses Pep too.

I think the value of strong, charismatic types like Mendy and Walker is underappreciated in terms of the value (apart from their football skills) they add to a team. We have been through a lean period in terms of larger than life characters, and suddenly we have both fullbacks who fit that category.

It's so important when grinding through a long, hard season that we have a couple of extroverts who can perk up the team on those cold winter nights. That's when the morale and bond between the players shines through, and gives them that extra impetus in big games. Players like Mendy and Walker provide that spark.

Personally I'm loving having Mendy and Walker. It's a breath of fresh air, and the banter that the two of them produce is hysterical.

In insightfull quote of Ragcafe saying that although he looked good last night his league performances so far have been very hit and miss.

I think i'm right in saying that he has only played two league games for us and on the back of an injury and no pre season he may be jumping the gun a little :)

His defense needs some refining (he's so young so that should improve) but there might not be a better left back in the league at running down the flank and sending crosses into the box.

So good to have a LB that doesn't hesitate to put the ball on the box, as soon he's received the ball he's whipped it in which will be a dream for Aguero and Jesus

In insightfull quote of Ragcafe saying that although he looked good last night his league performances so far have been very hit and miss.

I think i'm right in saying that he has only played two league games for us and on the back of an injury and no pre season he may be jumping the gun a little :)

Don't forget that he was singled out in one of those games for how dangerous he was by both the BBC & SKY after the Liverpool game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.