Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a character and we need more characters.
Future captain?

He's a character and we need more characters.
Future captain?

Probably not. He's like Pique, the joker of the team, the one who brings everyone together, you don't want to shackle that by making him captain and putting a lot of serious responsibilities on him. He's only just turned 23 though, who knows what he'll be like in 5 years time.

As of now, I'd still think Stones is the most captain-y of our young players, could definitely see Sterling becoming a vice-captain at some point too.

Probably not. He's like Pique, the joker of the team, the one who brings everyone together, you don't want to shackle that by making him captain and putting a lot of serious responsibilities on him. He's only just turned 23 though, who knows what he'll be like in 5 years time.

As of now, I'd still think Stones is the most captain-y of our young players, could definitely see Sterling becoming a vice-captain at some point too.

Yes good points.

Bit of pogbad arrogance coming through in his shark comment,fine line benny fine line

I think a bit of arrogance is exactly what we were missing.

For years, we've had the media and other fans constantly point out how much the team cost, and the fans defend it and try to minimalise it, and the players act coy as if it's something to be ashamed of.

It's about time our team started saying "Yep, we did cost half a billion to assemble, because we're fucking world class and we're going to smash some of these small teams 5,6,7-0 because we're that good". Time to get rid of the Ickle City attitude and start puffing out our chest a bit.

The best teams in the world, Barca, Bayern, Real, Juventus - they're not coy and embarrassed about being good. Big clubs have a mentality that is a bit arrogant, a bit "we're good and we know it" and that turns into an aura which half wins them the game before it starts.

I think a bit of arrogance is exactly what we were missing.

For years, we've had the media and other fans constantly point out how much the team cost, and the fans defend it and try to minimalise it, and the players act coy as if it's something to be ashamed of.

It's about time our team started saying "Yep, we did cost half a billion to assemble, because we're fucking world class and we're going to smash some of these small teams 5,6,7-0 because we're that good". Time to get rid of the Ickle City attitude and start puffing out our chest a bit.

The best teams in the world, Barca, Bayern, Real, Juventus - they're not coy and embarrassed about being good. Big clubs have a mentality that is a bit arrogant, a bit "we're good and we know it" and that turns into an aura which half wins them the game before it starts.

100% spot on mate.

I like him but my dad said today he needs to loose half a stone. Anyone else agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.