Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks humongous compared to Delph. When Delph was walking to the touchline, the difference in their sizes was jarring. Didn't look like they should be playing the same position.

Mendy is definitely the biggest LB I've seen at the top level.

He reminds me of Yaya in that he’s not pacy at all but he’s so strong and bullish that he can shrug opponent off of him that he might look fast.

I disagree, Mendy is pretty fast, he just takes a while to get up to speed. Once he does the long strides make him eat up ground.

Looked slow as Kolarov on Sunday, but that's just a fitness thing.

I disagree, Mendy is pretty fast, he just takes a while to get up to speed.
That’s what I meant when he’s not pacy. He’s not like Sterling or Sane that accelerates quickly. He is fast for his build. But if you compare him to pacy fullbacks like Walker, Bellerin, and Alaba, I don’t think Mendy is as fast as them.

That’s what I meant when he’s not pacy. He’s not like Sterling or Sane that accelerates quickly. He is fast for his build. But if you compare him to pacy fullbacks like Walker, Bellerin, and Alaba, I don’t think Mendy is as fast as them.

I think his top speed is ok when fully fit.

I actually thought he looked smaller then I remembered him to be.

He reminds me of Yaya in that he’s not pacy at all but he’s so strong and bullish that he can shrug opponent off of him that he might look fast.

Take it you mean the current Yaya at almost 35 rather than the one who could burst away from anyone in the league apart from Bale.

Take it you mean the current Yaya at almost 35 rather than the one who could burst away from anyone in the league apart from Bale.
Nope I meant prime Yaya. Unless you're saying that Yaya can win a footrace against Sterling or Sane?

Nope I meant prime Yaya. Unless you're saying that Yaya can win a footrace against Sterling or Sane?

Don't think anyone who can't win a foot race with Sterling or Sane isn't fast! If you don't think Yaya used to run away from pepplp in his prime you should watch some of his highlights. He's not lost his power now has he?

Don't think anyone who can't win a foot race with Sterling or Sane isn't fast! If you don't think Yaya used to run away from pepplp in his prime you should watch some of his highlights. He's not lost his power now has he?
You’re right anyone who loses to Sane and Sterling doesn’t mean they’re slow. But just because Yaya used to run past people doesn’t necessarily mean he’s fast. There’s a lot more variables to consider here like dribbling technique and strength to shield the ball and pushes people away. Don’t get me wrong Yaya was fast for his build. But his ability to bully people that’s chasing him makes it seem like he’s faster. Mousa Dembele runs past people all the time but he’s slow.

You’re right anyone who loses to Sane and Sterling doesn’t mean they’re slow. But just because Yaya used to run past people doesn’t necessarily mean he’s fast. There’s a lot more variables to consider here like dribbling technique and strength to shield the ball and pushes people away. Don’t get me wrong Yaya was fast for his build. But his ability to bully people that’s chasing him makes it seem like he’s faster. Mousa Dembele runs past people all the time but he’s slow.

I know what you're saying but Yaya was fast and Dembele uses skill and strength but Yaya cpuco burst 60 yards and go further away from quick players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.