Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is that Delph has not been injured as much because he has been playing left back. Midfield is more demanding and you need to cover more of the pitch.
We need another defensive mid and have delph and mendy covering LB in future imo

I agree. Preferably someone young to take over Fernandinho's role at some point.

He shouldn’t be rushed back, no need for it. Doubt he will be anywhere near up to speed to even feature again this season. If we get to the later stages of the champions league, I think it would be harsh on Delph for mendy to come straight back into the side.

next season i expect

That's realistic, also in terms of match fitness. Gundogan was back on the pitch after 9 months.
I only hope that wild boy Mendy isn't tempted by the World Cup (injury was 23 Sept).

I've just found a Times article in a French source from 18 Nov, translated back to English:

""Benjamin Mendy will be unavailable for six months. The left side of Manchester City was on a positive dynamic. Sadly released on injury at the 29th minute against Crystal Palace, the French international suffers from a rupture of the cross ligaments of the right knee. However, the player explained to the Times that he hoped to play again before the end of the season:
"I told Pep Guardiola after I got my test results that I only accepted the surgery if he promised me that Manchester City would be in the (CL) semifinals when I came back."

Being a player of a remarkable season with the AS Monaco, his performances had opened the doors of the French team. Despite his injury, Benjamin Mendy does not forget the 2018 World Cup in Russia:
"I want to return as soon as possible, I want to play in the Premier League, in Cups, in the Champions League and I have no doubt that I will be playing the World Cup." he told the Times.""

That's realistic, also in terms of match fitness. Gundogan was back on the pitch after 9 months.
I only hope that wild boy Mendy isn't tempted by the World Cup (injury was 23 Sept).

I've just found a Times article in a French source from 18 Nov, translated back to English:

""Benjamin Mendy will be unavailable for six months. The left side of Manchester City was on a positive dynamic. Sadly released on injury at the 29th minute against Crystal Palace, the French international suffers from a rupture of the cross ligaments of the right knee. However, the player explained to the Times that he hoped to play again before the end of the season:
"I told Pep Guardiola after I got my test results that I only accepted the surgery if he promised me that Manchester City would be in the (CL) semifinals when I came back."

Being a player of a remarkable season with the AS Monaco, his performances had opened the doors of the French team. Despite his injury, Benjamin Mendy does not forget the 2018 World Cup in Russia:
"I want to return as soon as possible, I want to play in the Premier League, in Cups, in the Champions League and I have no doubt that I will be playing the World Cup." he told the Times.""
So long as he has recovered and just needs to get fit i expect pep would be ok for him to go to the world cup and get match fit,hopefully come back to pre-season already with some playing time under his belt,if he is not completely healed then i hope he doesn't go

The guy has a very positive attitude to life. I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be targeting to return for us this season and be involved in the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.