Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danilo will defend fine but it's the crossing ability in dangerous areas where we'll be hit badly.

Absolutely agree. That's why I think we'll potentially see a formation shift.

Are people still peddling the Danilo can't cross on his left boat? He made several on his left foot when playing RB, one of which left to Sterling's goal vs. Bournemouth.

The issue vs. Brighton was the RB, Sané didn't beat him on the outside either when he played there, and he's got a great left foot and pace to burn.

I know it's not this forums usual approach but perhaps give him a few more games at a position before deciding he's shit at it?

Silly going into the season with one left back. Personally think Delph is our best bet there, Danilo looks ok but might be required on the right, and he has a habit of tackling with his right foot which got him in trouble at least twice vs West Brom.

Bad news hopefully it'll be weeks not months. If Danilo plays and is more defensively minded then I can see a silver lining, especially if Otamendi is going to be on that side of the defence. The problems come if Pep starts arsing around putting Sane at LWB. Not sure about Delph at LB or LWB, can probably do a job against inferior opposition but I'd want to see Danilo there against Chelsea.
Maybe he'll start Delph tonight and play Danilo on Saturday?

Danilo is rubbish at left back, so it's either Delph every weekend or Sané will be playing wing back again :(

Utterly deflating news. Everyone saw it coming except the club.

I don't mind delph as LB,hopefully him and danny can becoming better at it if that's all they do in training
As @domalino pointed out I think a lot of people are over worrying about Danilo at left back, he's an accomplished player and he'll be absolutely fine at left back.
The real issue will be is if another full back gets injured forcing Delph to play against good opposition

Looked far more like a ligament injury at the time rather than an impact injury, which makes his being allowed to play on for the next few minutes even more incomprehensible. I might be wrong, but I think Kompany, Gundogan, and now Mendy have all been allowed to play on when evidently injured.

Time for Zinchenko to get some game time in 'easier' league games, because an injury to Danilo or Delph and we're going to be weak in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.