Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a much more positive note lovely to see Gundogan training without any knee strapping at all - big relief and hopefully Mendy will have only a slight pull on his ligament which should settle down quite quickly - positive thoughts sent to him, it's a long season.

I think arguably he might be better defensively than Mendy but he's not going to bring the same threat to the attack down that side so we just adapt a little. I don't see it as a big drama and against Chelsea it could potentially end up being a bit of a blessing.
Difficult to say as I don't think we've been thoroughly tested defensively yet.
I'd be happy with a more disciplined display at the bridge on Saturday though, if Danilo helps that happen then that's a bonus

I personally think we should go with Zinchenko at left back. Reason being is because Danilo will spend too much time cutting back on his right foot, we need someone who can whip them balls from wide into the box on a sixpence, I am not sure Delph can do that. Zinchenko on the other hand is more technically astute than Delph and he has a good delivery on him. Our full backs spend most of the game attacking than defending anyway so I am sure Zinchenko would soon get used to the Guardiola philosophy.

In the last couple of seasons he has been out for 26 games with 5 different injuries. Another gundogan by the looks of it

doesnt make much sense this. walked off the pitch after the injury, sat behind pep for the rest of the game and tweeted it was just a knock. yet now he's done his ligaments and is out for the rest of the season?

if things are to happen with a injury to players then rather now than later on in the season when the medals are handed out

we can not be a one player team and if somebody got to sit it out then somebody stands up and takes the place that's how it works with the big clubs no moaning they just get on with it and keep going the squad is good enough for a injury to a wing back and the great news is that delph can come in and do a very good job and he is left footed so again pep is a master at seeing something other have missed or not picked up on

yes its sad if mendy has to miss a chunk of games but the lad is young and full of joy and will stay around the squad and keep them in stitches he lifts everybody and wants to be here and be part of the revolution

just for you mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.