Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Mendy's injury was not a complete rupture of his ACL unlike Gundogon, only a partial tear so should have much quicker recovery can't be too bad if he's just flown to America rather than further rehab, sure I read he's going light running and ball work airheads.

Sorry meant to post already but put in airheads for some reason

Some players are more predisposed to injury than others. (Delph seems a bit that way inclined).

Over the past 3 seasons Mendy has missed 26%, 34% and 84% of league games though injury or suspension. His earlier ACL injury was not as severe, (and did not receive surgery), but a ruptured ACL injury is one of the worse an athlete can get. The potential weakness when turning, can create mental confidence/performance issues, even when the medical team give the "all clear" to play.

I want us to have top quality cover. I think Delph and Zinchenko have played well, particularly playing out of position, but IMO we are weaker with those options than with Walker on the RHS or a fully fit Mendy on the LHS. Maybe @Dax777 is right and Zinchenko will provide a future solution? Time will tell.
A fully fit Mendy will make a huge difference to our side. Didn't he have a record number of crosses in Europe when he was fit.

Christ there's some hype over Mendy, there really is!

I'll be glad to see what he can offer in the long term but from what I saw pre injury, and with the exception of the cross for Sanè in the Liverpool game, he looked unsure as a defender and didn't deliver too much consistency going forward. In reality, one could argue that his loss was never noticed as both Delph and Zinchenko have been superb.

It's a 10 out of 10 for his social media activities mind.

I'll be glad to see what he can offer in the long term but from what I saw pre injury, and with the exception of the cross for Sanè in the Liverpool game, he looked unsure as a defender and didn't deliver too much consistency going forward. In reality, one could argue that his loss was never noticed as both Delph and Zinchenko have been superb.

He was a youngster in a new team getting used to what pep wanted,the lack of patience in kids is alarming on here this last 2 seasons

He played less than four games. One thing to hype him based on that, but no better to dismiss him based on the same.

I cannot look through 129 pages, so please enlighten me - How old is Mendy and has he had a very similar injury before?. If so was it the same knee?.
Thanks , in anticipation......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.