Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found out from Wiki that Mendy is 23 years of age. - and is 1m85cm.
I am old school - does that mean 6ft 1 inch.
Also does he score headers from Corners.?.
We need somebody to score from corners -
OK Ilkay did on Tuesday !.

I don’t think he should be rushed back. Delph has been solid all season and zinchenko has been a good back up to both of them. Mad as it sounds, I’d be much more confident going into a big European tie with Delph rather than a unproven Mendy that has just came back from a 6 months injury. Give Mendy the last few prem games of the season seeing as the league is basically over.

I cannot look through 129 pages, so please enlighten me - How old is Mendy and has he had a very similar injury before?. If so was it the same knee?.
Thanks , in anticipation......

He's 23, will be 24 in July. Here's his injury history:
Season injury from until Days Games missed
17/18 Cruciate Ligament Surgery Sep 25, 2017 Apr 19, 2018 206 days 43
17/18 Thigh Muscle Strain Jul 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017 31 days 2
16/17 Muscular problems May 1, 2017 May 8, 2017 7 days 2
16/17 Muscle Injury Nov 21, 2016 Dec 8, 2016 17 days 5
16/17 Muscle Injury Sep 8, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 14 days 4
15/16 Hamstring Injury Mar 14, 2016 Apr 7, 2016 24 days 2
15/16 Cruciate ligament injury Jan 4, 2016 Feb 25, 2016 52 days 13

His previous injury was not an ACL injury. They keep you out for 6-9 months not 8 weeks. Likely his other cruciate injury was just an overstretch and minor damage
ACLs can be stretched, partially torn or completely torn. His first injury was likely a stretch or or partial tear. Whilst his second (requiring 6-9 month recovery), was a full tear.

Someone on BM reckoned the other day that the ACL injuries were on different knees, but this has not been 100% verified.

As Jesus is finding now with his, less serious, MCL injury, sometimes the mental aspect of a major knee injury can cause issues, after the medical team has given the all clear to return.

ACLs can be stretched, partially torn or completely torn. His first injury was likely a stretch or or partial tear. Whilst his second (requiring 6-9 month recovery), was a full tear.

Someone on BM reckoned the other day that the ACL injuries were on different knees, but this has not been 100% verified.

As Jesus is finding now with his, less serious, MCL injury, sometimes the mental aspect of a major knee injury can cause issues, after the medical team has given the all clear to return.
@Jacko1956 said on 6th feb that Mendy's latest ACL was not a complete tear. Dont know if it's true?

Apologies, meant to say a serious ACL injury.

Christ there's some hype over Mendy, there really is!

I'll be glad to see what he can offer in the long term but from what I saw pre injury, and with the exception of the cross for Sanè in the Liverpool game, he looked unsure as a defender and didn't deliver too much consistency going forward. In reality, one could argue that his loss was never noticed as both Delph and Zinchenko have been superb.

It's a 10 out of 10 for his social media activities mind.
Manchester City's world record signing Benjamin Mendy is the best crosser in the world (24/7/17)
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/manc...n-mendy-is-the-best/7g55v1rucb0p1701v03o1rg8p

He does seem great guy - lifts the squad - I really hope he can get back to full fitness and keep injury free. - for a few full seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.