Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ there's some hype over Mendy, there really is!

I'll be glad to see what he can offer in the long term but from what I saw pre injury, and with the exception of the cross for Sanè in the Liverpool game, he looked unsure as a defender and didn't deliver too much consistency going forward. In reality, one could argue that his loss was never noticed as both Delph and Zinchenko have been superb.

It's a 10 out of 10 for his social media activities mind.
For some reason I don't see him as defender and I expect him to contribute more to the attack than the defence.

Christ there's some hype over Mendy, there really is!

I'll be glad to see what he can offer in the long term but from what I saw pre injury, and with the exception of the cross for Sanè in the Liverpool game, he looked unsure as a defender and didn't deliver too much consistency going forward. In reality, one could argue that his loss was never noticed as both Delph and Zinchenko have been superb.

It's a 10 out of 10 for his social media activities mind.
To be fair, he was a new player, in a new team, in a new league, with only a few months to acclimate.

Personally, having moved around quite a lot in my life, I was especially impressed with how he hit the ground running (literally and figuratively).

Now, how he comes back from that serious of an injury is anyone’s guess, but I tend to think he is a fairly relisent person and, given time and patience, he will be successful in our side.

ACLs can be stretched, partially torn or completely torn. His first injury was likely a stretch or or partial tear. Whilst his second (requiring 6-9 month recovery), was a full tear.

Someone on BM reckoned the other day that the ACL injuries were on different knees, but this has not been 100% verified.

As Jesus is finding now with his, less serious, MCL injury, sometimes the mental aspect of a major knee injury can cause issues, after the medical team has given the all clear to return.
Having been unfortunate enough to injure nearly everything possible in my right knee via various injuries playing since I was 6, I can confirm unequivocally that the mental aspect is one of (if not the) most difficult parts of recovery. And that is not only after you have been cleared to play (or, in my case, just undertake normal physical activity), it is also through the incredibly draining physical rehabilitation process. To this day I am convinced only direct descendents of inquisition torturers become physical therapists (no offence to those posters on here from the profession).

It is why I have so much respect for Ilkay. To come back from that sort of injury, at that level, which I could only hope to attain in my fever dreams, is astounding. People discount it far too easily and it really should be lauded more than it is.

I look forward to seeing how Mendy comes back from this setback. My guess is—based on the public evidence of his mentality—that he will be fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.