Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious kick in the bollocks

I bet Pep is devastated. Will be a real struggle to impose his game plan without a mendy type left back

He must be gutted as much as the rest of us. We will miss him. Don't think he will be playing again this season. I really want to be proved wrong. He's young and a premier athlete so hopefully his return will be swift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We don't want to rush him back. When he does come back, we'll barely be able to watch. Swales didn't exactly give Paul Lake much support after his two ACLs. When The King came back the crowd erupted - some hardened fans in tears.

He only averaged around 27 games a season over the past 3 years so not too surprised, really wish we had planned better but that's life, shit happens

Such a sickener. We don't have an alternative option at left back who can do everything Mendy can. There aren't many around anywhere full stop, hence his price tag and perhaps also why we didn't get bother getting a back up who would ultimately be inferior. Maybe the subsequent reshuffle of the pack will bring benefits of its own. It won't be the same but we have players who can offer plenty coming forward and there are others who can offer solidity at the back. Can't say I'm not gutted though as this guy has it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.