Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually by taking the patella ligament from the front of the knee and using that to reconnect the 2 ends of the ruptured ACL. That's how mine was fixed in 1997 and that's how Gundogan had his done last year.

Actually 3 types of reconstruction: patella, hamstring or from a donor. Patella has generally been the favoured method for young athletes, but in certain (fairly rare) circumstances, can lead to longer term complications. For that reason, hamstring is considered to be the strongest by some surgeons, although the recovery is more difficult

You need to cheer up a bit pal, been reading some of your posts and you are one miserable bastard!
hahahaha - don't beat about the bush bro' - say what you think! Your post made me laugh but gutted about Mendy.

Not really just a City problem - as City fans, we may not be as aware of (or care about) season ending injuries to players on other teams, but there are plenty of them about. The obvious comparison is Luke Shaw at United - another fullback who they paid a huge amount for, and he's suffered two season ending injuries so far!
You're right I don't care about anyone else's team but I actually thought of Shaw after I'd posted. We have had so many bad ones over the years though

Typical City the one position we dont really have a natural backup for in the team and he gets one of the worst injuries possible after he played about 5 games for the club. He was our most critical player, this has hurt us bad.

But this is far worse than any of Gundogan's injuries in terms of recovering back to his old self.

Ehhhh wasn't Gundogs last injury ruptured ACL....the same?
It was.

Maybe it's worse as a huge part of Mendy's game is pace - which might go away if the ACL surgery doesn't completely restore the knee.

Really unlucky for Mendy - at the time of injury, I really thought it was no big deal and that he'd be waived back into the game after a brief sideline stint; it really didn't look serious at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.