Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the first game no one wanted him but after the 2nd game with Monaco things have changed.
At the end of the day I would rather to spend 29m on Mendy than 50m on Rose.

That describes Mendy, but not sure it describes what Pep wants from his fullbacks, he rather a fullback that can tuck in and play as a midfielder. That's how he used Alaba and Lahm, rather that marauding overlapping fullbacks.

Pep wants both. Lahm played as a proper fullback quite a few times, most notably in the Porto game when he tore Porto apart with overlapping runs and crosses.

The Gaurdiola system needs fullbacks who will tuck in narrow when the wingers are wide and go wide when the wingers come inside.

Navas gas been going down the wing in the last 2 weeks when Sterling comes inside - second goal yesterday is a prime example.

Bernat or Gaya would be better for Pep and his style but anyway as mentioned above it better to spend 29 m on 22 year old Mendy rather than 50 m on 26 year old Rose

Pep wants both. Lahm played as a proper fullback quite a few times, most notably in the Porto game when he tore Porto apart with overlapping runs and crosses.

The Gaurdiola system needs fullbacks who will tuck in narrow when the wingers are wide and go wide when the wingers come inside.

Navas gas been going down the wing in the last 2 weeks when Sterling comes inside - second goal yesterday is a prime example.
That's fair, can Mendy do both ? only really seen him against us when he was doing the overlapping bit. Not against signing Mendy but as you say need the intelligence as well as the overlapping energy.

That's fair, can Mendy do both ? only really seen him against us when he was doing the overlapping bit. Not against signing Mendy but as you say need the intelligence as well as the overlapping energy.

I'm confident that Guardiola knows what he wants and will go for players who can do that.

Personally I can't see us getting him even though I want him. I think we'll go for Hernandez and Kolasinac
I'll take Kolasinac over Mendy coz he is free and a better defender. I'll take Hernandez over Mendy coz he is cheaper and a better attacking fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.