Benjamin Mendy

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Eslam elcity, 2 Mar 2017.

1. BJL_City

BJL_City

Well maybe Pep thinks a different approach is best

2. IWasHere

IWasHere

^

3. Tevez City

Tevez City

After the first game no one wanted him but after the 2nd game with Monaco things have changed.
    At the end of the day I would rather to spend 29m on Mendy than 50m on Rose.

4. domalino

domalino

Pep wants both. Lahm played as a proper fullback quite a few times, most notably in the Porto game when he tore Porto apart with overlapping runs and crosses.

The Gaurdiola system needs fullbacks who will tuck in narrow when the wingers are wide and go wide when the wingers come inside.

Navas gas been going down the wing in the last 2 weeks when Sterling comes inside - second goal yesterday is a prime example.

5. Kamran Shirinzade

Kamran Shirinzade

Bernat or Gaya would be better for Pep and his style but anyway as mentioned above it better to spend 29 m on 22 year old Mendy rather than 50 m on 26 year old Rose

6. blueparrot

blueparrot

That's fair, can Mendy do both ? only really seen him against us when he was doing the overlapping bit. Not against signing Mendy but as you say need the intelligence as well as the overlapping energy.

7. domalino

domalino

I'm confident that Guardiola knows what he wants and will go for players who can do that.

8. blueparrot

blueparrot

I confident your right.

9. IWasHere

IWasHere

Personally I can't see us getting him even though I want him. I think we'll go for Hernandez and Kolasinac

10. Dax777

Dax777

I'll take Kolasinac over Mendy coz he is free and a better defender. I'll take Hernandez over Mendy coz he is cheaper and a better attacking fullback.