Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabinho and Mendy will cost a fortune. They are on long terms contracts so no need for Monaco to sell at anything below 40-50 GBP million at least....
I did a statistical comparison between 5 of our linked LBs
Mendy, Sandro, Rose, Bernat, and Hector. Of the 5, statistically, Mendy was the poorest. He had a high attacking score (a function of having 11 assists I suppose), but his possession. And defensive scores were poor compared to the others.

And when you go deeper into the offensive category, I also noticed he was creating fewer opportunities than say Bernat, Sandro or Rose par game. It just so happen his teammates are more clinical finishing off those chances.

For what its worth, I'd have all 4 Grimaldo, and Theo over him. I simply don't find any defender at Monaco convincing. They are all deeply flawed.

Mendy and Tierney to be out two left backs next season would make me very, very happy.

Mendy, Sandro, Rose, Bernat, and Hector. Of the 5, statistically, Mendy was the poorest. He had a high attacking score (a function of having 11 assists I suppose), but his possession. And defensive scores were poor compared to the others.

And when you go deeper into the offensive category, I also noticed he was creating fewer opportunities than say Bernat, Sandro or Rose par game. It just so happen his teammates are more clinical finishing off those chances.

For what its worth, I'd have all 4 Grimaldo, and Theo over him. I simply don't find any defender at Monaco convincing. They are all deeply flawed.

Which of the alternatives are we heavily linked to?

I'll be honest, I may get bashed here, but he just seems like a braindead athlete to me. I'd rather spend that 40-50 on Sandro/Rose or just look somewhere else.

Which of the alternatives are we heavily linked to?
Well in fairness just Rose, Sandro and Beenat. We've been linked to all 3.

But even if we revert to older links like Rose, Gaya, Theo and Grimaldo, he pales in comparison to Rose and Grimaldo.

In fairness Grimaldo only had 12 games, so it's not as convincing of a sample size. Not to mention, only being able to play 12 games should count against him.

Last edited:
He's 22 and most of the others are 26, most full backs improve massively between these ages defensively. Rose certainly did and Zab at City, I would be less worried about his stats and look at his skill set individually and think will he become more consistent which is what players of this age usually do.

He's 22 and most of the others are 26, most full backs improve massively between these ages defensively. Rose certainly did and Zab at City, I would be less worried about his stats and look at his skill set individually and think will he become more consistent which is what players of this age usually do.
Perhaps. Just dont see in him what I see in Theo, Gaya Bernat and Grimaldo. And they are all about his age.

What would Mendy's price level be? Is he to be had for 30 million?

If we buy Walker for £40m+, Monaco will easily demand the same.

Some of their players will utterly defy typical French Ligue 1 top talent transfer fee's because of how well they have done in the CChampions League this season.

If they win it, wow, Monaco can demand what they like.

PSG in a way have helped other clubs in that league because if they have a player who outshines a Paris player the fee they would usually get increases massively.

I watched Mendy in the cup final v PSG and his performance was absolutely disgusting. This guy can't defend for toffee. £40m (which is what it could cost to get him) Would be better spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.