Benzema--PLEASE IGNORE IF YOU DON'T LIKE RUMOURS.

Benarbia said:
I wish the same could be said for you :(

I'd only put you out of a job if I posted interesting things. If I post rubbish then it's a post made especially for you to come and slate my views.

Whether its true or not, the fact is, like any striker playing in the Premier League, especially playing in the lone striker role, he stands and falls on the quality of his service.
And his workrate.

I'm happy with the job Jo is doing at the moment and am happy that his quality will eventually shine through.
I don't think Benzema, or any other striker of reputation, will do much better than Jo at a similar stage of Premier League 'acclimatisation'

I find myself in agreement with the Oracle.

Roque Santa Cruz, on the other hand, is more established in this league, and he's making noises about Europe rather than 'other objectives' that he has at blackburn, and he'd offer something different in the shape of a long tall sally type to aim for at set pieces. I dont think Jo can do that, despite being a tall fella i dont think he claims to be that much cop in the air. Personally, the jury's out on Benjani. Ive not seen much of Benzema but he doesnt seem that sort of player either. Therefore RSC a better bet, imo.

goat boy said:
I find myself in agreement with the Oracle.

Roque Santa Cruz, on the other hand, is more established in this league, and he's making noises about Europe rather than 'other objectives' that he has at blackburn, and he'd offer something different in the shape of a long tall sally type to aim for at set pieces. I dont think Jo can do that, despite being a tall fella i dont think he claims to be that much cop in the air. Personally, the jury's out on Benjani. Ive not seen much of Benzema but he doesnt seem that sort of player either. Therefore RSC a better bet, imo.

jo is quality in the air :S he wins the majority of his headers

TaylorWill07 said:

I take the point but i'd draw a distinction between 'getting his head on it' and actually doing something really useful with it, like scoring. I think if he was better in the air, there'd be more high balls flown at him, high crosses are a bit of a rarity and i suspect city are playing this way on purpose, he certainly hasnt scored off one yet.

goat boy said:
TaylorWill07 said:

I take the point but i'd draw a distinction between 'getting his head on it' and actually doing something really useful with it, like scoring. I think if he was better in the air, there'd be more high balls flown at him, high crosses are a bit of a rarity and i suspect city are playing this way on purpose, he certainly hasnt scored off one yet.

would help if we had someone to put in a good ball

are deliveries are terrible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.