Bernard Dunne v Damien Marchiano

bluemanc said:
Superb boxing performance by Dunne.
Wouldn't be drawn into a war with Marchiano & gave a good display,uppercuts slipping punches,a top showing by the lad.

Bluemanc just got back from the fight and the atmosphere in the place was fucking out of this world. Dunne did look classy and showed some great skills during the fight it was a joy to watch. Also in the crowd there was a great mix some young kids in watching the fights which was great to see and then the older generation.

Also the Pink Panter Jim Rock what a top bloke he would by a stopage everyone was more up for the Rock fight than the Dunne fight but what a great show. Also during a undercard fight one of the girls carrying the borad around was taking off her Dublin jersey and ended up flashing to the crowd that got the cheer of the night.

Good win for Dunne time to move up and fight a top 10 fighter in the division never mind Munroe it would be a step in the wrong direction and wont happen. As if he keeps it up he could yet well be in a World title fight this time next year. Roll on his next fight I cant wait.

leighton said:
bluemanc said:
Superb boxing performance by Dunne.
Wouldn't be drawn into a war with Marchiano & gave a good display,uppercuts slipping punches,a top showing by the lad.

Bluemanc just got back from the fight and the atmosphere in the place was fucking out of this world. Dunne did look classy and showed some great skills during the fight it was a joy to watch. Also in the crowd there was a great mix some young kids in watching the fights which was great to see and then the older generation.

Also the Pink Panter Jim Rock what a top bloke he would by a stopage everyone was more up for the Rock fight than the Dunne fight but what a great show. Also during a undercard fight one of the girls carrying the borad around was taking off her Dublin jersey and ended up flashing to the crowd that got the cheer of the night.

Good win for Dunne time to move up and fight a top 10 fighter in the division never mind Munroe it would be a step in the wrong direction and wont happen. As if he keeps it up he could yet well be in a World title fight this time next year. Roll on his next fight I cant wait.
Glad you enjoyed it mate.
The "Ring Of Fire" music was quality between rounds.
Agree with the move up in class,in the afterfight interviews John Duddy said he should have had harder fights in the past to prepare him for when he fought a live one in Kiko Martinez .
The kid is class no doubt abot that.

Bluemanc next week in Limerick there is a top class bill on I only wish I had the money to go down and watch it. 2 top Irish fighters in the making are fighting Andy Lee who was robbed in his last fight and Paul McCloskey who should be knocking on the door for a World title soon at Hattons weight but not against Hatton more so the kid who beat Witter first as Hatton wont fight him as there is other fights out there for him. McCloskey if you like Dunnes style McCloskey is a total stylist in the ring his movement and his shots make fighters look like amauturs at times. So it will be a few beers in next Saturday night to watch this fight on RTE. I am shocked that Sky or Setanta havn't bought up the rights to these fights for the UK as at this moment in time Irish fighting is at a big high with the talent now going pro.

Did you hear any news about Frank Warrens deal with Setanta there is rumours they may well be parting from Warren in one of the morning papers. Also Khans new TV deal wont be with ITV it will be with SKY or Setanta depending on who Warren is with it could be all bollocks.

leighton said:
Bluemanc next week in Limerick there is a top class bill on I only wish I had the money to go down and watch it. 2 top Irish fighters in the making are fighting Andy Lee who was robbed in his last fight and Paul McCloskey who should be knocking on the door for a World title soon at Hattons weight but not against Hatton more so the kid who beat Witter first as Hatton wont fight him as there is other fights out there for him. McCloskey if you like Dunnes style McCloskey is a total stylist in the ring his movement and his shots make fighters look like amauturs at times. So it will be a few beers in next Saturday night to watch this fight on RTE. I am shocked that Sky or Setanta havn't bought up the rights to these fights for the UK as at this moment in time Irish fighting is at a big high with the talent now going pro.

Did you hear any news about Frank Warrens deal with Setanta there is rumours they may well be parting from Warren in one of the morning papers. Also Khans new TV deal wont be with ITV it will be with SKY or Setanta depending on who Warren is with it could be all bollocks.
I'll keep an eye out for a stream for the bill,as for the warren situation i've heard nothing.

You might get a mobile phone catching it and will be put up soon it caught me off guard.

1 more thing Calzaghes fight coming up they are saying now that his deal with Warren is over he can now get the best TV deal for this fight. So in the next 2 days Sky and Setanta will bid for the rights to show the fight. IF Sky get it Setanta will be pissed off big time with Joe being on most of there adds for the home of boxing it will be a huge lost for Setanta.

leighton said:
You might get a mobile phone catching it and will be put up soon it caught me off guard.

1 more thing Calzaghes fight coming up they are saying now that his deal with Warren is over he can now get the best TV deal for this fight. So in the next 2 days Sky and Setanta will bid for the rights to show the fight. IF Sky get it Setanta will be pissed off big time with Joe being on most of there adds for the home of boxing it will be a huge lost for Setanta.
It's gonna be one hell of a good salesman that can sell a Joe v Junior jones fight.
Written by Team Calzaghe - in Spain!
Saturday, 12 July 2008
Roy Jones junior will fight undefeated Welshman Joe Calzaghe at Madison Square Garden, new York, on September 20.
Everyones saying this is his last fight.
Seeing as the promoters only broke even on the Joe V Hopkins fight this could be a damp squid.
I like Joe & i'm sure the split from warren has a few more miles in it yet.

Calzaghe is one of my all time favourites some hand speed movement isn't scared of a war just a brilliant boxer. As for the split for both fighters it could be there last big pay day so no promoters taking X amount of money just 50 50 between both fighters. Imagine if all fighters were to do the same these promoters would be screwed.
The bad thing for Joe is he could of made 20 times what he has made from boxing if he went to US years ago the fans would of loved him over there he would be a promoters dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.