Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ric, 14 Aug 2017.

1. Ric

Ric

All in here please.

2. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Thanks for starting this thread Ric!

Bernardo Silva is simply amazing. He's constantly on the move, always presenting himself open for a pass. When the ball comes to him - no matter how bad the pass - he controls it instantly. When pressed he hardly ever gives the ball away. And then, he delivers a killer pass.

As amazing as our midfield is - I think that Bernardo will force himself into our starting lineup - he's that good!

3. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    His fantastic combination of pace and ball control means he will be able to help us unlock stubborn defences like the one we faced on Saturday, IMHO.

Of course, it will probably take time for him to adapt to the tempo of the Premier League, as it does for most coming into the PL, but when he he has, opposing defenders will really have something to worry about.

4. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Will become an indisputable starter very soon, think he's more suited to Pep's football than both Silva and KdB. Best transfer of this summer. But I think we'll need to wait a couple of months for him to get accustomed to a new (central) position and the system as a whole.

5. Dax777

Dax777

I was wondering what about his few minutes could warrant discussion. But I see it is just a general 'I think Bernado will be great' posts. Yeah fellas, we all do :P

6. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Uppity Twat
    Anonymous in the first half, created next to nothing in the second half.

7. Sunnysideupp

Sunnysideupp

Lol

8. City_Sean

City_Sean

I don't agree with the last bit. Top players with real quality can adapt instantaneously, I'm expecting him to start Monday, and have a super game.

9. Cityfan

Cityfan

Absolute bollocks, I've never seen a bench as impressively occupied in a long time, there are some folk who don't appreciate some of the work done off the ball.

10. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

+1
    As hard as it is to believe - I think that Bernardo will soon be recognized the best player in our squad; and this is taking nothing away from Silva/KDB/Jesus/Aguero - all of whom are fantastic. It's just that Bernardo is that good.