Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been good so far despite obviously not yet adapted to the added physicality, still lacking some sharpness from missing preseason, and being in a new country with a group of players he doesn't know.

He's only going to get better and better from here as he settles in.

He's been good so far despite obviously not yet adapted to the added physicality, still lacking some sharpness from missing preseason, and being in a new country with a group of players he doesn't know.

If he was all we had, imo we'd struggle due to the factors you mention, but luckily we have a plethora of fantastic players to use whilst he settles in.

Then he's going to cause opponents a lot of pain.

A similar start to life in a City shirt as Sane last season. I expect he'll get better and better.

All we've seen so far are flashes of excellence. By and large he's not been great on the whole, but the moments he has been have been amazing.

A bit like Gundogan when he came in and didn't seem to fit right away.

When it clicks he's going to tear it up.

where is his best position when he's fully fit regardless of the system we play? feel like he'd be incredible orchestrating through the middle similar to how merlin does it - am i right in thinking he played as a part of a front three in monaco?

Similar to when David Silva started, he wasn't quite there in terms of movements of his teammates and the speed of the league. If I remember right David's moment came against Salzburg when he scored and ran the game in the Europa League. I think Bernardo has shown some glimpses and as you say, when it does happen, he's going to be some asset!

For me, Bernardo Silva is still adjusting to the physicality and refereeing of the P/L.

On several occasions I've seen him bullied off the ball (needs to adjust to physicality), and I've seen him go over expecting a foul and yet not given one (needs to adjust to refereeing).

And he seems a bit rusty still, misplacing a pass or two unexpectedly.

Once he adjusts to the P/L, B. Silva is going to be truly awesome.

Needs games to settle in rather than cameo's. Think he's only had one 90 minutes, in the CL.

Problem is, we're so bloody good at the moment it's hard to drop anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.