Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got that ridiculous ability to just somehow keep hold of the ball when it looks like he has no way of doing so. Obviously he's not Messi, but it's that same ability to somehow keep only going left yet the opponent not being able to get in the right place to take it off him. He's got false 9 written all over him, but at the same time he could just as easily play as a winger of replace Spanish Dave, he's that versatile and clever with the ball

needs to start games now, particularly with Sane and Dave fading in the 2nd half tonight. Time for him and Gundogan to get regular games and give us a completely different dimension just as teams thought they knew what to expect.

Was absolutely brilliant last night. Yet I like to see his cameo lasting more minutes. Start him Saturday.. And Gundogan for that matter. Don't care who they replace.

I think we'll see a lot more of him if we sign Sanchez in January. Having Sanchez would allow us to play with a symmetrical(ish) pair of wingers in either Silva/Sanchez or Sane/Sterling. (Weird coincidence how all their names start with an S)

Silva's not going to be playing too centrally a la David anytime soon, not unless it's as a false 9 which I don't think is a strong position at the moment (Guardiola normally puts Sterling there after a few minutes of trying Silva there). So it's only going to be the right. I don't think either Sterling or even Jesus for that matter really fit Pep's requirements for a left sided winger.

So as it stands we're always a bit lop-sided with Bernardo in the side. Not so much of a problem when it's from the bench but as a starter the asymmetry can cause a tactical headache.

He could revert to the side that beat Feyenoord. A 4-4-2 diamond of sorts. But I doubt we'll see much of that again as it's ultra reliant on high octane attacking fullbacks, which whilst not being beyond Walker is a stretch for Delph. Losing Mendy hurt us in that regard.

Basically, whilst I'm 100% convinced Silva will turn out wonderfully whatever the case, signing Sanchez in January would propel him into more regular gametime due to the balance having two somewhat similar but opposing footed players would bring.

Amazing to think we're doing all this effectively without him, Gundogan, Kompany and Mendy. Time now to give some a rest. Bernardo ready to start I think. Gundogan? Bernardo will be huge, nay, massive even.

Looks ready to step up to me and we saw the first signs of tiredness creeping in on Tuesday for some of our players. I think he will start on Saturday.

The trouble is where he plays isn't giving him much of an opportunity. We play with pace out wide, so really only a central place is up for grabs in terms of starting and Spanish Dave has it down at the moment.

I'd like to see Yaya/Bernado and Ilkay on Saturday. It's like for like and I don't think we will see any drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.