Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is where he plays isn't giving him much of an opportunity. We play with pace out wide, so really only a central place is up for grabs in terms of starting and Spanish Dave has it down at the moment.

I'd like to see Yaya/Bernado and Ilkay on Saturday. It's like for like and I don't think we will see any drop off.

In possession there's no drop off but with Yaya playing we lose some tenacity, the worry there is 'second balls' which teams like Burnley thrive on.

Whoever is in the starting XI tomorrow I just hope Bernardo is one of them.

Anyone else notice his hesitance when passing in the final third?

Feel like he doesn't take enough risk passing in the final third and or creating chances. I know he is young,23, but all the talk about him being David replacement had me questioning his quality. There is an obvious drop off between the too when he comes on for David. At the moment only quality he has on Merlin is pace and dribbling.

Feel like he doesn't take enough risk passing in the final third and or creating chances. I know he is young,23, but all the talk about him being David replacement had me questioning his quality. There is an obvious drop off between the too when he comes on for David. At the moment only quality he has on Merlin is pace and dribbling.
He is not Dave. Even if they are similar.

B. Silva is fantastic with his "Messi like dribbles" and thus have a disruptive advantage advantage over Dave there. Both have a pirouetting style to there game. Which means they both keep possession pretty well. Dave's vision is more experienced and possibly better (I.e. he knows the other players better) but B.Silva showed similar levels last season at Monaco. Besides, because B.Silva's dribble is more disruptive than Dave's, so his vision doesn't have to be as good for him to be as effective as Dave.

B.Silva also seem to have a better nose for goals even though Dave seems to be looking more for his goal this season. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I think it comes out a wash.

The style will change a bit but there won't be a drop off I don't think.

He's barely dipped his toes in the water so far.

I think people have been a bit over-praiseful of his little cameos so far, he's looked good but nothing like the player we saw at Monaco.

Not that I'm blaming him! It's just going to take a few months, and some extended periods on the pitch. The more he plays, the more magic we'll see.

This is so, so unfair. I predicted fans would start saying stuff like this. He pretty much hasn't had a fair opportunity. Plays 20 minutes, always out of position. You can't take much risks when you only have 20 minutes of playing time and come in with clear instructions to keep the ball and drop the tempo. The only game he played in the middle (Everton) he made plenty of those passes, including a lob which left David with a clear chance to score. He is not going to perform to his best playing on the wings and as a false 9. Not on this system.

This makes me sad, really. It's so obviously not his fault.

We have some absolute bell ends on here who seek to doubt players within weeks of their arrival at the club. There is no player currently playing in the first team, who hasn't been a victim of this; I recall it in David Silva threads for God's sake!

From boo Bowyer to Edgy, there is a section of our fans who make me feel embarrassed at times.

B. Silva is fantastic with his "Messi like dribbles" and thus have a disruptive advantage advantage over Dave there.

In my opinion dribbling is meaningless unless your run at defenders and creating/crossing or scoring goals. Dribbling out of danger in the middle of the park when a simple pass would have sufficed is not that impressive. Here is an example from out last game against Napoli. It slowed down our counter attack and was high risk low reward. Notice how David gestures for the ball while Bernardo attempts to dribble past 3 defenders.

1508530508148898.gif

We have some absolute bell ends on here who seek to doubt players within weeks of their arrival at the club. There is no player currently playing in the first team, who hasn't been a victim of this; I recall it in David Silva threads for God's sake!

From boo Bowyer to Edgy, there is a section of our fans who make me feel embarrassed at times.

I recall quite a lot saying that Silva was nice to watch but offered little end product. Etc etc

Some fans have to have a boo boy. They just don't feel complete with one...they don't know what to do with themselves at the moment, so they're negatively judging our own players who've had about 200 minutes of game time.

I've always found an easier way to pick someone to slag...players for the other 19 teams in the league. There's so many of them to choose from, knock yourself out!

In my opinion dribbling is meaningless unless your run at defenders and creating/crossing or scoring goals. Dribbling out of danger in the middle of the park when a simple pass would have sufficed is not that impressive. Here is an example from out last game against Napoli. It slowed down our counter attack and was high risk low reward. Notice how David gestures for the ball while Bernardo attempts to dribble past 3 defenders.

1508530508148898.gif
Maybe it isn't high risk for him particularly. Dribbling is his comfort and do notice he takes out 3 players with the dribble. Had he passed it would only remove 1 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.