Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he played as an 8 at least one time. It was against West Brom in the league cup if I’m not mistaken. I think the reason why he hasn’t played a lot as an 8 when coming on as a sub or starting is because both him and Gundogan are our sub and it’s very rare for Pep to take out both Kev and Dave out, most of the time it’s one or the other (mostly Dave). Gundogan can only play in the middle so that leaves Bernardo to get mins on the wings. I truly believe Bernardo will be an 8 to replace Dave in the future.
In the last 10 minutes against Burney he came more often in the centre to take the ball. He looked like a different player, more confortable with the ball. I think he is the future David Silva and that he will be even better than Dave. From what I ve seen at Monaco he is prety good finisher and can shoot from outside the box as well.

The only issue that worries me is when he plays we lack that explosiveness that Sane and Sterling provide. Our problems would be even worse if we signed Alexis, both love to drift in-field.

Lol,if finding a way to intergrate two of the best players in the league into our team is a 'problem' then i suspect we're gonna be alright.

Those two players are different class,they simply offer us another dimension and option.

I'd like to see him rotated with Silva, rather than Sterling as has been the case thus far. Keeps David fresh and allows Bernardo to influence the game where it matters.

Hope he starts along side Gundogan in the middle tomorrow night.

Lol,if finding a way to intergrate two of the best players in the league into our team is a 'problem' then i suspect we're gonna be alright.

Those two players are different class,they simply offer us another dimension and option.
Don't think you've understood what I've said in the slightest. It's not integration if it slows down the speed we attack.

Don't think you've understood what I've said in the slightest. It's not integration if it slows down the speed we attack.

More than one way to skin a cat though. It's good to have different attacking options.

I suspect if Alexis does come we'll see Bernardo play centrally more often.

More than one way to skin a cat though. It's good to have different attacking options.

I suspect if Alexis does come we'll see Bernardo play centrally more often.

It worries me because Pep has only used Bernardo once in the #8 position. I think if Bernardo plays wide then he slows down our attack as he lacks that explosiveness.

If we do sign Alexis then I'm not sure he and Bernardo would work together.

Just been reading that the FA are investigating with a view to giving him the first ever ban for diving!!! If this happens we won't need to be worried about where he plays because he won't be playing!! The goalkeeper had Bernardo's foot caught underneath his knee!! Ok so he flung his arms up in the air. Good grief what was he supposed to do..............

" Express Sport reveals Bernardo Silva could be the first Premier League player to receive a retrospective ban for diving.

The Manchester City star is being investigated by the FA concerning an incident during Saturday’s clash with Burnley, and will learn if he faces punishment later today."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.