Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His qualities are unique.

Better dribbler than anyone on our squad.
Better ball control than anyone on the squad
able to pass in tight spaces.

I just sense it will eventually pan out for him.

Apparently we did look at him but there were doubts about his technical ability. Bernardo hasn't done it for me, he seems to massively imbalance the side and doesn't actually provide us with that much creativity.
What gives me confidence is that he looks better now than either Sane or Sterling did in their 1st few months here.

Granted he lacks something those 2 possess, but still I have confidence in him.

Apparently we did look at him but there were doubts about his technical ability. Bernardo hasn't done it for me, he seems to massively imbalance the side and doesn't actually provide us with that much creativity.

Playing that type of player wide in a side where the wingers normally hug the sideline is going to imbalance us. Feel a bit for him because what he's being asked to do doesn't suit him.

He'd be an ideal wide player in a Pellegrini type side but not a Pep side.

Playing that type of player wide in a side where the wingers normally hug the sideline is going to imbalance us. Feel a bit for him because what he's being asked to do doesn't suit him.

He'd be an ideal wide player in a Pellegrini type side but not a Pep side.

Agree with this, he's ridiculously talented but unless he plays centrally I just don't see him fitting into our system. If we utilised a back three again it could be perfect for him as it'd allow him to roam across the front line.

Slows us down and never a wide player, just cannot see where he will fit in until David Silva leaves.

He needs to play behind the strikers. Can't see him as a wide man. And what happened with that 'back pass' to their goalie when he was through? He'll come. Yer right about the dribbling. One reason why I was after Diaz coming on after an hour. The only way to beat two lines of five is to dribble past a couple and then the back five start defecating! That's what Bernardo brings to the squad!

It depends how much of a better dribbler he is than Brahim Diaz. (Well Diaz is way above him comparitively at kids' level but I mean in real football).

He is clearly a superb footballer, but the way City have developed & the possible emergence of Foden, Diaz etc might mean he misses out.

But it's no problem either way. We have a player who might become a genius in our team in the next few years or might be overtaken by a young one. We win, either way.

I was thinking just that when I was watching the game.
One thing that sets Dave apart is his ability to take the ball on the half turn, see the next pass, and so create space instantly. Brahim showed that immediately last night. Bernardo seems to like to hold onto the ball a bit longer and whilst he seems fantastically skilful we lose momentum at the same time.

Hope Diaz signs a new contract and Pep keep giving him these 5 10 mins because he isn’t a foden who local lad, the pull of Spain if a Barcelona of Madrid come calling is worry for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.