Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, tend to agree now... what we don't want is sanchez stunting sanes development though, it has to be balanced!

Slightly off topic for this thread but whenever we don't play our best XI, the case fro Sanchez seems to grow. I totally agree that we do not want to do anything to hinder Sane's development but, as you suggest, we do need to be able to wrap him in cotton wool at times; we also need to allow him time to develop. If that kid reaches full potential!!!!!!!

Bernardo has bags of quality and his time will come but he needs to be patient because the Dave and Kev show is top of the inside forward box office.

Slightly off topic for this thread but whenever we don't play our best XI, the case fro Sanchez seems to grow. I totally agree that we do not want to do anything to hinder Sane's development but, as you suggest, we do need to be able to wrap him in cotton wool at times; we also need to allow him time to develop. If that kid reaches full potential!!!!!!!

Bernardo has bags of quality and his time will come but he needs to be patient because the Dave and Kev show is top of the inside forward box office.

I don't think we can judge Bernardo this season anyway, because imo he is part of Pep's Mendy Plan.

But it's no hardship to us whether he makes it at City or not & that goes for Gundogan too imo. We have two very very talented players, we can have a look at & see. If they don't fit, or other players do it better, they can try somewhere else, just like happens at Barca & Real Madrid.

in the meantime, they're ours, & we can find out.

I'm more concerned in that as much as we have many different attacking formations, we look a totally different level when the above is in the team. We can say the same for KDB, obviously, however it has become quite apparent, much like Chelsea last year with there default formation, that we maybe need something in case of injuries, they were playing 1 game a week last year (conte moaning about fixture congestion is laughable by the way) which on the whole helped avoid injuries through fatigue....

Sanchez now seems a must, just to give us a safeguard and catalyst for the second half of the season.... I also think the champs league is a real possibility if we can stay fit!!

I don't think we can judge Bernardo this season anyway, because imo he is part of Pep's Mendy Plan.

But it's no hardship to us whether he makes it at City or not & that goes for Gundogan too imo. We have two very very talented players, we can have a look at & see. If they don't fit, or other players do it better, they can try somewhere else, just like happens at Barca & Real Madrid.

in the meantime, they're ours, & we can find out.

Really don't know if he is part of the Mendy plan but can see how he might be.

I do concur that having Gundog and Bernie on the bench is a nice luxury to have.

I'm more concerned in that as much as we have many different attacking formations, we look a totally different level when the above is in the team. We can say the same for KDB, obviously, however it has become quite apparent, much like Chelsea last year with there default formation, that we maybe need something in case of injuries, they were playing 1 game a week last year (conte moaning about fixture congestion is laughable by the way) which on the whole helped avoid injuries through fatigue....

Sanchez now seems a must, just to give us a safeguard and catalyst for the second half of the season.... I also think the champs league is a real possibility if we can stay fit!!

I just hope Sane is a good as you (and I) think he is. I'm not sure I've seen anyone move faster with the ball at his feet - really at his feet. When you see him and Raz, Kev and Gab burst forward, it's quite something. Sane must be starting to give opposing full backs kittens when they know they will be facing him.

I think a full strength City has a proper shot at the UCL now but the draw for the next round could mean the route from this point is very tough. You need a bit of luck to win cups...

Really don't know if he is part of the Mendy plan but can see how he might be.

I do concur that having Gundog and Bernie on the bench is a nice luxury to have.

Just my opinion, but I recon Pep saw the way Silva attracts defenders inside & then Mendy bombs down the wing & fancied a bit of both.

I don't think we'll be seeing Bernardo as such a wide player next season when everyone is fit.

Just my opinion, but I recon Pep saw the way Silva attracts defenders inside & then Mendy bombs down the wing & fancied a bit of both.

I don't think we'll be seeing Bernardo as such a wide player next season when everyone is fit.

Pretty sure Pep said words to the effect of Bernardo not being quick enough to be a long term solution out on the wing, which rather suggests you are right about him playing inside.

He needs to play inside.

I would love to see us work a three man midfield selected from Merlin, KDB, Gundogan, Ferny, B.Silva.

The holding role is key for me, at the moment it is down to Ferny but he will need to be rested from time to time.

Could Gundogan sit deep or could this be a role for Merlin or KDB?

We won't see the best of Silva until we get him in the centre of the park.

Bernardo Silva to @ManCity: "England is a special country where the football is very fast and very competitive so I’m getting used to it each time we play."

Bernardo Silva: "Fortunately, with more time and more games, I’ll be able to show everyone what I can do and prove my value and I hope I can help the team reach our goals."

Twice, on Tuesday night, he chipped forward passes from about 25-30 yards over the heads of numerous players and straight onto Aguero's chest. Aguero was unable to finish either opportunity, but both were exquisite chips by Bernardo and both from angles and distances that nobody else in the team makes, not even Silva or Toure. Somebody is going to suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.