Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really starting to see how he can fit into the team now, he’s clearly learning our style/patterns of play and how the league works (tough tackles and shit refereeing) and slowly he’s becoming a very important member of the squad.

He’s unlucky to have Silva, De Bruyne and probably Gundogan in front of him in midfield but he could easily play there or as a false nine. His pressing is brilliant and his movement off the ball is just as good but it’s his dribbling and ability to beat people in tight areas that could be our secret weapon as the season goes on.

That Bernado Silva is the Portuguese Adam Johnson - alright coming in when we are winning. Doesn’t do anything like enough when he starts

Needs to be better. Final ball is lacking quite a lot with him. I’m guessing he’s here to replace Merlin when he hangs his boots up. At least he’s here now to learn from him.

A young lad at a new club in a new country, I am happy to give him time to prove himself.

The one thing I would say is that he seems to slow our attacks down too much.

I was watching and I noticed in the second half a hesitation t o give Silva the ball. I know he is getting accustom to the team but I feel if the chemistry between sane and him improve he will look abit better. Maybe I'm seeing things ......

He is not a winger, not in this side anyway. I just can't think of where he would be best suited, he obviously has something about him and is starting to get a few assists but currently he is just having big moments in games, without actually dominating any.

Needs to improve his final ball and play more forward passes , he looks neat and tidy on the ball but doesnt hurt the opposition , but his cross for Sergio to get the winner against Bristol was sublime , and shows what he is capable of , he needs to learn from Merlin and Pep over the next couple of seasons and we could have a brilliant player on our hands

@RICK SLICK has nailed it in the matchday thread:
He is no winger and he absolutely is no finisher.

Some were reading the lineup as Bernardo being a false 9. Forget about that.
He doesn't have the physicality nor sharpness to do that.

He is an artist who should create in offensive midfield.
Needs more time to get more confidence.
Great footballer though.

And when I once again was shouting to my screen how the fuck we should get to any high cross...
Thanks Bernardo, and Sergio.
(Thanks to the keeper,too, who better had stayed on the line...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.