Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Towards the end of the window kept seeing rags saying we were gonna throw all that money at Mahrez while we're wasting Bernardo on the bench. I know many of them are subs, but he's either first, second, or third in appearances across all comps for us this season.

Honestly think he's got the best touch of anyone in our squad, which is mental considering some of the talent we have. Considering he only uses his left, he consistently brings down everything hit his way perfectly, that one today being the latest and most spectacular. He's still finding his feet and doing a job for the team, but he's getting better and better. He's really diligently sticking right out on that far touchline and Basel clearly had no idea how to handle it.

Still think we'll see the best of him in time when he's given more of a licence to roam and find his own pockets of space like he did in that first half against Cardiff, but it's great that he's contributing well while also sacrificing his natural game for the team.

Best performance since he joined tonight. He was actually similar to Messi in terms of how he was constantly able to weave through tackles. He always seemed like he had space to receive the ball. Excellent.

Both he and gundo can be our secret weapons in Europe, mich easier for them to excel than the prem which is newer....better used to the European style and have bags of cl experience

The media were desperate to label him a flop.

Think there was a "mid-term report" on the guardian where Bernardo was declared a failure but there was nothing on Mickeytaking, who was still at the Rags.

LOL

Getting better by the game. I'd like to see him and Sane start on the wings against Wigan, give Raheem a rest.

It took Spanish Dave half a season to get up to the quicker pace and physicality of the Prem from la liga, coming from the French league it's took him a couple of months longer, he will be absolute class for us for a long time

The media were desperate to label him a flop.
I live in Sweden but still reads a lot of the big English papers and I disagree. For a player to cost 40m pounds and rarely start in the league I'd expect way more negative press about him. The only things I've seen are that they think he should get more minutes and I havn't seen anyone write him off as a flop. That sounds more like rival fans.

He had another great game on the right yesterday and his skill set is in many ways perfect to play in that position. The only problem for him is that his style isn't a perfect fit for how Pep mainly wants his winger to play. But if he can keep on developing maybe he can become so good that it doesn't matter he has a different style and I think that is what Pep hopes. If not I think we'll see him in a more central role in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.