Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to get back to Sane and Sterling as wingers as quickly as possible, because it's easily our best formation and we're suffering without it.

I would pick them too but I have a feeling Pep may think it’s all come a bit soon for Sane and he will be on the bench.

Clearly a great player but my only criticism of him is that he is so one footed, he is predictable in what he will do. If Pep can train him to be more two footed, then I think he will be a superstar for us

I was expecting him to make the biggest impression out of all our summer signings. Yet he’s struggled to cement a place in our side.

I can’t be the only one who has been a tad underwhelmed by his performances thus far.

I was expecting him to make the biggest impression out of all our summer signings. Yet he’s struggled to cement a place in our side.

I can’t be the only one who has been a tad underwhelmed by his performances thus far.

You're not. I am too. I can see that he has ability. His control and touch is excellent and he goes past people but he's making us one-dimensional pulling the ball around to his left foot and knocking it backwards all the time. He doesn't play enough balls in the box and he puts too many daft floated crosses in. Making him a productive part of this squad/team is a big challenge for Pep.

I haven't given up on him yet after seeing glimpses of his undoubted ability but I'm worried that he's going to be Nasri Mark 2, losing us momentum all the time, allowing the opposition to get organised. This is even more critical under Pep than it was under the previous managers as we break like lightning now.

I think he starts and Sane sits

I hope you're wrong, right backs don't attack us when Sane is on the pitch, his mere presence protects our left fullback, something I think we need on Sunday.

I hope you're wrong, right backs don't attack us when Sane is on the pitch, his mere presence protects our left fullback, something I think we need on Sunday.
Well going by performance here, we know Sterling will start coz he was rested. And Bernado outplayed him against Wigan, so I expect Pep will reward that.

I could be wrong :)

Well going by performance here, we know Sterling will start coz he was rested. And Bernado outplayed him against Wigan, so I expect Pep will reward that.

I could be wrong :)

I suspect you may well be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.