Bersant Celina

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyIreland

City U18s (Norwegian born) winger Bersant Celina (17) is in the senior Kosovo squad for their first FIFA-sanctioned match tomorrow - a great achievement!

FantasyIreland said:
City U18s (Norwegian born) winger Bersant Celina (17) is in the senior Kosovo squad for their first FIFA-sanctioned match tomorrow - a great achievement!
I think that tells alot about the quality of Kosovo's squad :p

spinzer said:
FantasyIreland said:

That maybe fact,however,i'll take the positive outlook......

FantasyIreland said:
BigOscar said:
Is Celina the one with the big burn/birth mark on his face?

Yep.
He genuinely is the spitting image of by mate from school other than that, freakishly so. Good luck to the lad, very honourable to play for your country, when you know they are never going to be able to compete. It'll be interesting to see how many other Kosovan refugees/ex pats take up the call

spinzer said:
FantasyIreland said:

True, but what a great experiance for him at 17

Celina is excellent on the ball, superb close control. He does little going backward though which I think is why Intima is preferred to him.

Have seen Celina has got a few starts recently in the U18s. I haven't seen him since Christmas so maybe a bigger regular than me at youth team games can shed some light into whether hes improved the tactical side of his game?

Grob said:
spinzer said:
FantasyIreland said:

True, but what a great experiance for him at 17

Celina is excellent on the ball, superb close control. He does little going backward though which I think is why Intima is preferred to him.

Have seen Celina has got a few starts recently in the U18s. I haven't seen him since Christmas so maybe a bigger regular than me at youth team games can shed some light into whether hes improved the tactical side of his game?

Can't help you in that area, but in the bits I've seen in the past, I just want to backup the idea that the raw talent is there.

What he makes of it, we will see, but this is a player with talent without a shadow of a doubt.

But we have a lot of talented young players these days & most of us mortals have to wait & see if they come through, rather than the few psychic football wizards we have on here who can spot a future world class player due to him not fucking up too badly v anyone half decent.

spinzer said:
FantasyIreland said:

It's a small talent pool, for sure, but if they could reclaim some of their diaspora they would have the makings of a competitive team - Shaqiri, Shaka (sic), Behrami and Cana to name 4

Here's a live stream:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v7yrPq_YyQ[/youtube]

kosovo-foto-printskrin-1394029624-456465.jpg

From the looks of this, I don't think Celina is starting, which isn't too surprising because of his age, but hopefully he will come on later.

Update: As far as I could tell from half-watching it, Celina remained an unused sub. Many subs were made, but it mostly seemed to be players in their 20s. Pretty low standard of football but not lacking in enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.