Bersant Celina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Kneville said:
dannybcity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Did any of you lot watch the game today? Was hardly a time to blood a kid

Exactly, I'm sure the young lad would have got his chance had we gone a few goals up.

I was at the game today, & I saw a really really shit side, with no attacking ideas or skill whatsoever, who left numerous gaps at the back, go 1-0 up against a City team without a single genuine creative player, the worst left back in the world, & a 36 year old second striker, & gradually get comfortable in the game due to the utter lack of ideas from the Premier League team.

As soon as Silva & Nasri came on, it was a matter of whether we could get the goals required in 30 mins..

I actually agree with you that it was a naff side...however we beat them 7-0 last time without Nasri or Silva and with this starting 11.

13 Caballero
03 Sagna
11 Kolarov
20 Mangala
26 Demichelis
25 Fernandinho (Boyata - 70' )
18 Lampard
42 Y Touré (Pozo - 64' )
07 Milner (Sinclair - 73' )
15 Jesús Navas
10 Dzeko

Boyata in for Demi, Fernando in Fernandinho and Jovetic for Dzeko were the differences. Jovetic is more creative than Dzeko... though I guess Fernandinho and Yaya are much better than Fernando and Yaya in terms of influence.

That aside It's still a very similar team - can you blame Pellegrini for thinking it'd be enough? Just playing Devil's advocate..

FWIW - I think Celina, Angelino and Pozo should have started personally with Ambrose and/or Barker on the bench.

Neville Kneville said:
dannybcity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Exactly, I'm sure the young lad would have got his chance had we gone a few goals up.

I was at the game today, & I saw a really really shit side, with no attacking ideas or skill whatsoever, who left numerous gaps at the back, go 1-0 up against a City team without a single genuine creative player, the worst left back in the world, & a 36 year old second striker, & gradually get comfortable in the game due to the utter lack of ideas from the Premier League team.

As soon as Silva & Nasri came on, it was a matter of whether we could get the goals required in 30 mins.

It was a perfect day for kids. What it absolutely wasn't, was a day for old men & half arsed wankers.

I agree Angelino would have been better than Kolarov btw, but that doesn't mean anything, as I would also have been better than Kolarov & so would my mother.

But there would have been no problem playing Angelino today, or Barker, or Celina. None of them would have been worse than most of the players on the pitch & all are better than Helan, who played for Sheff Wed.
I actually thought you were having a pop at City with the first part of that sentence.
That said I think you do Sheffield Wednesday a great disservice, they were better than that.

dannybcity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Agreed, the lads who are getting bench time are very young and inexperienced. People are getting way too impatient, we'd all like to see some of them get game time but as stated elsewhere, the more experienced ones are all out on loan. That's much better for them at this stage of their career.

As for posters who keep bringing up the rags and their forced use of youth, you have to seriously wonder where their loyalties really lie.

The lads on the bench aren't close to being ready for the first team yet. The ones who might be are largely out on loan. It's enough for them to be in the squad, which must be quite an experience for them. Maybe if we'd been a few goals up then he'd have got 15 minutes but we weren't.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The lads on the bench aren't close to being ready for the first team yet. The ones who might be are largely out on loan. It's enough for them to be in the squad, which must be quite an experience for them. Maybe if we'd been a few goals up then he'd have got 15 minutes but we weren't.

They look better to me, than what we saw first half vs Sheffield Wed. Much much much better. It's easy to just assume they can't do it, without even seeing them try. They might not do, but they 100% wouldn't be worse than that one dimensional, plodding, crap.

Frank Lampard for a start. 36 years old & utter dogshit. Brilliant at finshing off moves when in our creative team with Silva etc around him, utterly out of his depth trying to create it himself & looking every inch the lumbering waste of space he & Gerrard were recently for England.

Celina IS better than that & so is Brandon Barker.

Neville Kneville said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

They look better to me, than what we saw first half vs Sheffield Wed. Much much much better. It's easy to just assume they can't do it, without even seeing them try. They might not do, but they 100% wouldn't be worse than that one dimensional, plodding, crap.

Frank Lampard for a start. 36 years old & utter dogshit. Brilliant at finshing off moves when in our creative team with Silva etc around him, utterly out of his depth trying to create it himself & looking every inch the lumbering waste of space he & Gerrard were recently for England.

I trust Begiristain, Vieira and Pellegrini to make the right decision for these lads. They're only 18 so I wouldn't really expect to see them in the squad for another couple of years.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Neville Kneville said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I trust Begiristain, Vieira and Pellegrini to make the right decision for these lads. They're only 18 so I wouldn't really expect to see them in the squad for another couple of years.

Why on earth not ?

Loads of players younger than that have played regularly. I can understand the little ones not being picked very often as they would potentially leave us exposed, but kids like Barker who are fast, intelligent, skillful, work hard & score goals ? Against a lower league team ? Not good enough ?

I'll tell you what, if Barker had already had a few tasters, like Pozo has (it was ok to play him out of position in the Prem, but not IN position vs Sheff Wed ? My arse) I would back him to tear them a new arsehole. My only doubt would be because he hasn't played before so may get nerves.

Some of these kids should have played v Newcastle in the cup, where again we had under performing, not arsed, senior players (& Kolarov) fucking it up.

Then again yesterday. Tony Book would have had about 5 of them with game experience by now.

At least 80% of our EDS lads would be playing week in week out, and probably starring, if they were part of Wednesday's squad.

They are definitely good enough. Eighteen is a prime age for making your debut and getting a run out here and there.

I don't think some realise actually how good some of our kids are. They're fucking great potentially.

twosips said:
At least 80% of our EDS lads would be playing week in week out, and probably starring, if they were part of Wednesday's squad.

They are definitely good enough. Eighteen is a prime age for making your debut and getting a run out here and there.

I don't think some realise actually how good some of our kids are. They're fucking great potentially.
The obvious flaw in your argument is that being good enough to play for mid-table Championship club Sheffield Wednesday is somewhat different to being good enough to play for us. Did you see anyone in the Wednesday team yesterday that you thought could make the step up to ours?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see as many of the most promising kids as possible given a chance and I think we should have done what Arsenal do and play them in the League Cup. That's a great way of giving them a platform to a regular place. But I'd like to think that all interested parties are talking to each other about the progression of these kids and that we aren't putting unrealistic expectations on them too soon. Celina looks a really exciting prospect but has only just stepped up to the EDS and has only played 8 times for them to date.

Prestwich_Blue said:
twosips said:

The obvious flaw in your argument is that being good enough to play for mid-table Championship club Sheffield Wednesday is somewhat different to being good enough to play for us. Did you see anyone in the Wednesday team yesterday that you thought could make the step up to ours?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see as many of the most promising kids as possible given a chance and I think we should have done what Arsenal do and play them in the League Cup. That's a great way of giving them a platform to a regular place. But I'd like to think that all interested parties are talking to each other about the progression of these kids and that we aren't putting unrealistic expectations on them too soon. Celina looks a really exciting prospect but has only just stepped up to the EDS and has only played 8 times for them to date.

My point was that they are as good as them (and i said would even star for them) and when you combine that with Yaya, Silva, Demi, Jovetic - genuine top class players - then we should be MORE than good enough to beat Wednesday. You pick a team for the circumstances. It wouldn't have been a gamble.

They might only be good enough to star for a championship club now (hypothetically, but some are already better than that imo), but at eighteen making your first steps what's wrong with that? Starring in a very difficult, physical league at 18 is very promising indicator for a potentially very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.