Best atmospheres at City home games

I remember Reading in the quater final being pretty good. But can't really look past

Hamburg in the Uefa cup

United at home in the title run.

And of course QPR. Anyone who was at that game and claim it isn't their favourite is lying. Pure magic.

A few less obvious ones spring to mind other than the ones that have already been mentioned.

Billy McNeill's return to Maine Road as Villa manager in '86

Palace in '87 when Eric Nixon got sent off

Millwall in '02 when Ali B was sent off inside the first ten minutes and Stuart Pearce had a first minute penalty saved and yet we went on to win 2-0

A sense of injustice can do wonders for a game's atmosphere.

A sense of injustice can do wonders for a game's atmosphere.

Agreed. Norwich at home in 01/02 when Thatto got harshly sent off was just like that. Tiatto booted over the water bottles and got throttled by Keggy. Pearce went bezerk at the player involved continually shouting "youre fucking dead in his ear". And the atmosphere turned frenzied.

Enter Eyal's 2nd finest game for the club (after last Maine Road derby)...when he scored his first the place went bananas.

Agreed. Norwich at home in 01/02 when Thatto got harshly sent off was just like that. Tiatto booted over the water bottles and got throttled by Keggy. Pearce went bezerk at the player involved continually shouting "youre fucking dead in his ear". And the atmosphere turned frenzied.

Enter Eyal's 2nd finest game for the club (after last Maine Road derby)...when he scored his first the place went bananas.
I also remember his second from that game which came from a quick throw from Carlo Nash (?) to Berkovic who then seemed to single handily take on the entire Norwich defence before slotting it home. Went beserk for that goal (or are we thinking of the same goal)

Tiatto was unlucky iirc.

All the biggest ones for me have been mentioned : Everton FAC 81, Charlton last game 85, Rags 5-1 in 89.

One atmosphere I remember well, both good and bad was the FA Cup quarter final at home to Spurs in 93. We went into it convinced that was our year at last and with the new stand opening it was a carnival atmosphere. What followed was typical City !

I also remember his second from that game which came from a quick throw from Carlo Nash (?) to Berkovic who then seemed to single handily take on the entire Norwich defence before slotting it home. Went beserk for that goal (or are we thinking of the same goal)

Tiatto was unlucky iirc.
Yeah was the same game. Good memory on the throw by shagger Nash. When Berkovic was on, he was on. He could go missing like many flair players, but really enjoyed watching that KK team from 01 - 03.

I suppose this comes down to how old you are for anyone around 30 at the time the Wigan semi at Maine Rd was brilliant. Friday night pissed up at the match we sneaked a win to take us to Wembley for the 1st time. All on the pitch after the game takin pretend penalties and doin cart wheels. Felt like kid on xmas day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.