Best book you've ever read?

Bluebottle

Apologies if this one's been done before but I've not been here long.

For me it's Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. Never found anything to touch it. Just my kind of humour and logic that fries your brain. Spent ages trying to figure out how Milo claimed to make a profit buying and sellling Eggs!

Any recommendations people?

"A Catcher in the Rye" by JD Salinger is a timeless classic.

Currently reading, "Down and Out in Paris and London" by George Orwell and its really good. About him just being poor as f**k in London and Paris.

1984 is awesome, eery and prophetic

I think my parents have copy of Catch 22, I'll have to grab it next time I'm home.

Knight1979 said:
"A Catcher in the Rye" by JD Salinger is a timeless classic.

Currently reading, "Down and Out in Paris and London" by George Orwell and its really good. About him just being poor as f**k in London and Paris.

1984 is awesome, eery and prophetic

I think my parents have copy of Catch 22, I'll have to grab it next time I'm home.

Good choices sir.

I'll throw in the work of Bret Easton Ellis and Albert Camus.

Catch 22 is a good shout as is Catcher in the Rye.

Sometimes a great notion by Ken Kesey is worth a peek.

Personally, I love stuff written by John Irving. World according to Garp is a great read. Have not been disappointed by any of his work to date.

barryo said:
HowTo Stop Worrying and Start Living....Dale Carnegie.

Its not about worrying, its about life. it changed mine.

Sounds interesting, especially with all the shit going on in the world. Sounds like good advice.

andy h said:
Catch 22 is a good shout as is Catcher in the Rye.

Sometimes a great notion by Ken Kesey is worth a peek.

Personally, I love stuff written by John Irving. World according to Garp is a great read. Have not been disappointed by any of his work to date.

Cheers Andy H. Just out of interest re: WATG did you watch the film? And how did it compare to the book? Only I absolutely refuse to watch the film version of Catch-22 because I think it will shatter what I imagined in my head.

KoSwords.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.