Best centre half partnership in England

WNRH said:
It has to be Vidic and Ferdinand by a mile.

Koscielny and Vermaelen would be a good pairing on a consistent basis.

Kompany and ANother (hopefully Boateng next season) is as good as Vidic and Ferdinand.

Same with Chelsea aswell, Alex and Luis would be a great pairing, gone off Terry, think he is past it.

The top three centre halfs in the prem are Vidic, Ferdinand and Kompany in no order.

This is correct, I'm afraid to say.

WNRH said:
The top three centre halfs in the prem are Vidic, Ferdinand and Kompany in no order.

I think that Vidic can make anyone look good. Remember the derby when Smalling looked amazing? He's a good player, but its easy to play with Vidic. Ferdinand is getting up there. Although I think he is still top 5, the top 3 cb's in the prem at the moment, imo, are:

1) Vidic
2) Kompany
3) Dawson

cookster said:
How far is Vermaelen away? He'd make a big difference to your titlr run-in. Congrats with the win against Barca, great game.
Thanks, we will properly get hammered over there, but it feels good to get one over those cunts.

As far Vermaelen he is expected end of this month, but Wenger already said he's not gonna play him against Barca. I think if everything goes to plan he should be back to full training end of next week.

gooney said:
Koscielny and Djourou has conceded 5 goals in the 15 games they have played together. Stat wise the best in the league. Squallaci has been the problem when he has played, but this two are the best 2 we have had since Toure(in his prime) and Sol
I thought Arsenal defended as well as anyone could against Barca. Barca ran rings around arsenal at times, but they will do that to anyone.

Technically we know Arsenal are good. Questions remain as to whether they can defend against aggressive physical forwards

City have the best defence and individual central defenders in the country with Lescott, Kompany, Toure and Boateng all outstanding players. At full back I like Enrique at Newcastle.

WNRH said:
It has to be Vidic and Ferdinand by a mile.

Koscielny and Vermaelen would be a good pairing on a consistent basis.

Kompany and ANother (hopefully Boateng next season) is as good as Vidic and Ferdinand.

Same with Chelsea aswell, Alex and Luis would be a great pairing, gone off Terry, think he is past it.

Vinny doesn't need anyone to be as good as those two shites. He's better'n pair of them on his own.

Whilst I have only seen a couple of live Arsenal games this season, with the rest being on MOTD, I think Koscielny looks distinctly average.

Not impressed by him whatsoever.

Vermaelen definitely. Him and Kompany will make Belgium into a force in the coming years.

But who am I to tell a Arsenal fan who watches him regular?!?!?!

Arsenal may have 1 or 2 good defenders but you cant defend right. Djourou doesnt look all that great to me. Against Barca he when on the ball always looked like he was going to loose the ball passing wise. Now Koscielny against Barca he looked the part but in some other games that I have seen he has been a bit hit and miss. I think him and Vermallen will be a great pairing together when both are fully fit for next season BUT if your team cant defend right they will concede goals against teams. Scoring goals come easy for Arsenal but in the bigger games against the better teams it will be that much harder.

Arsenal should have signed Brede Hangeland, he would have made a significant difference.

I'd say Kompany and Vidic have been the two best individual centre halves this season.

One person who might be up there in the next few years is Clark from Aston Villa, will be interesting to see if he soon ends up joining one of the bigger clubs.

Hangeland/Hughes are the most underrated I think.

Dawson/King the 10 games a season King is healthy is up there with the best partnerships as well.

Salford_Blue said:
Whilst I have only seen a couple of live Arsenal games this season, with the rest being on MOTD, I think Koscielny looks distinctly average.

Not impressed by him whatsoever.

Vermaelen definitely. Him and Kompany will make Belgium into a force in the coming years.

But who am I to tell a Arsenal fan who watches him regular?!?!?!
Koscielny has one flaw and his name is Squallaci. That guy would make Vidic look lost. When ever Koscielny has not played next to that fool he has impressed. He has also won more man of the match polls than any Arsenal defender this season. He is better defender than Vermaelen, but maybe not better footballer if that makes sense. Vermaelen is an awesome footballer in that he has great technique and bullet of left foot. But as a pure defender Koscielny is better<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:42 am --<br /><br />
Motty said:
Arsenal should have signed Brede Hangeland, he would have made a significant difference.

I'd say Kompany and Vidic have been the two best individual centre halves this season.

One person who might be up there in the next few years is Clark from Aston Villa, will be interesting to see if he soon ends up joining one of the bigger clubs.
You have to take account to how Hangeland and Highes plays. Fulham is very defensive team and these two plays very deep, just like the Birmingham due Johnson and Dann plays. But a club like Arsenal or any other top team, you play higher and teams will try to catch you on the break, your defenders will be exposed as the team plays higher up trying to break the other team. hangeland lacks pace and would struggle with our high line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.