Best City away performances? (pre takeover)

3-1 at Anfield, Boxing Day 81

And that was when the dippers were easily the best team in europe

Away at Villa 89/90 when Howard Kendall was manager. They were a top team with Platt, Daley and Yorke etc but we were really starting to look a strong side and came back from a goal down to win 2-1. Peter Reid of all people got the winner too. I always felt HK was crackers walking away from what he had started with us.

Ipawich away for the FA cup 4-1. Think we were in a lower division than them at the time.
Milwall away without Cityfans.

Just two of several ...

Walking back to the station that day I got twatted by some Sheffield Utd fans coming back from wherever they'd been. They were being shadowed by a few of South Yorkshire polices finest. I said "did you see that" to one of them, he replied "fuck off back to Manchester"... think I actually burst out laughing

Why didn't you twat him back ?

Never like Sheff U.....manky set of inbreds.

Huge punch up on their end in early 70s. More glass than Pilkingtons. Loads laid out on the pitch side.

Sheffield Utd didn't even have a proper ground in the 60s.
Half of it was a cricket pitch!

Huge punch up on their end in early 70s. More glass than Pilkingtons. Loads laid out on the pitch side.

Cos there were about 20 of them and 3 of us... and I'm a lover not a fighter lol

Was that the 3-3 draw, power cuts in force so the game kicked off at 2-ish and half the City coaches didn't get there in time for KO. I went into the first turnstile I came to which turned out to be their Kop just as Frannie scored the free-kick, kept quiet for the rest of the game as there was a nasty-looking crew of skinheads stood nearby. Lots of City fans were scattered around in small groups on the Kop that day.

On topic, it's got to be the Spurs Cup comeback, a crazy night even by City's standards although that 4-2 win at Bradford to end what seemed like an eternity (well, 34 games) without an away win in the league is also up there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.