Best Cruise Line ?

Looking at RCL for this Summer. Not something we've done before but looks ideal for me and the now-teenage junior blues.

Sailed quite a few times, been with Carnival and Celebrity. Doing one out of New York end of June on the Celebrity Summit. Sails north. All new ports for us. Best bit is we have an overnight in Halifax Nova Scotia on 1st July, which is Canada’s Independence Day. Coming back down we’re in Boston overnight on 4th July.... I must like fireworks

Not my type of thing, but @nimrod is your man.
Got another 4 booked this year, Sydney to Seattle via Fiji and Hawaii, BC Canada, and Mexico, later on one to Singapore, via Bali, and PNG.
They're all a bit different and fortunately weve never had a problem except for a noisy cabin (under the Galley) on a P&O cruise, they gave us $200 to compensate but you have to complain.
Favourite cruise line is Princess, followed by Royal Caribbean.
Its a fantastic way to see places in the world that you wouldn't normally go to, if I didnt have my kids and my new little grandson I think we might try to live on a cruise ship :)

Got another 4 booked this year, Sydney to Seattle via Fiji and Hawaii, BC Canada, and Mexico, later on one to Singapore, via Bali, and PNG.
They're all a bit different and fortunately weve never had a problem except for a noisy cabin (under the Galley) on a P&O cruise, they gave us $200 to compensate but you have to complain.
Favourite cruise line is Princess, followed by Royal Caribbean.
Its a fantastic way to see places in the world that you wouldn't normally go to, if I didnt have my kids and my new little grandson I think we might try to live on a cruise ship :)

Bloody hell mate. You'd be better off buying one. ;)

My Mums coming back from one tonight. Flew down to New Orleans, a week on the cruise and then back to New Orleans for three nights.

I was eyeing up those Viking river cruises when I was in Porto recently. Brutally expensive though.

Bloody hell mate. You'd be better off buying one. ;)

My Mums coming back from one tonight. Flew down to New Orleans, a week on the cruise and then back to New Orleans for three nights.

I was eyeing up those Viking river cruises when I was in Porto recently. Brutally expensive though.
Yeah Ive never done a river cruise as you say too expensive, and Ive been told things are very formal, I like semi-formal for the dining room.
Cruises are not for everyone, its one of those love or hate things in life.

Celebrity Equinox was our best of 14 cruises so far around the Eastern Med (superb itinerary) with live glass blowing on the top deck, sounds weird but it was really good...... Princess (Emerald) great too... P&O Ventura few times and always very good... The pits was Thomson (we did it for the canaries pre-xmas)... I thought it was shite, old ship and zero wow factor, like the Wheel-Tappers also with some of the guests

RCI give superb drinks measures on the caribbean trips...

Planning a Half-World for when I retire and also fancy some southern hemisphere cruises too

Really fancy Seabourn as we've seen a few in ports but I can't justify the price... I will however buy a place on The World if I win the Lotto Big!! Seen that a few times too

The one you'd have to pay me to do again was Cunard,,,, Did the transatlantic crossing and it felt like the Grills guests and others looked down their noses at people...

Regardless of cruise lines, one of the best port arrivals we have ever done is down the Grand Canal in Venice... superb but you need to do it on a smaller ship before they ban it... it's damaging the foundation or properties on the canal they reckon....

Did MSC last year, few too many in the ship, food was fantastic but they company were constantly onnthe make hiking up prices for transfers from the ship when we docked to the centre of wherever we were going. It was crazy the public were like lemmings they all headed for the ''official' transfer coaches when it was cheaper to get a taxi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.