Best debuts and the less said the better thereafter

Robert Hopkin...... Who claimed City fans expected you to score a hatrick on your debut, or you were rubbish .

Header wasn't it on the plastic in arguably the best city away kit maroon and white stripes.
Yeah, right in front of us packed behind the goal. I ripped the arse out of my jeans trying to climb from one pen to the other. My mate still tells the story and laughs 25 years later.

Malcolm Allison brough in Barry Silkman from Plymouth in March 1979. He scored on his debut at Ipswich and got good reviews in the Sunday papers even though we lost 2-1. A week later, he made his home debut, scoring again and looking decent as we beat Wolves 3-1.

Ended up playing a total of 19 league games for us and being offloaded to Brentford, two divisions below us, midway through the next campaign.

threads like this are always needed as they keep our feet on the ground and help some to remember where we came from, remembering the not so good players we have had over the years, and boy have we had a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.