Best Decade Following City

cyberblue

For me it was the 1970s
The Kippax was brilliant back then and for the most part so was the team .I started going reguarly to away games then and the buzz was brilliant .exciting ,scary and thrilling all in one, it was an adventure i never got bored of

90's for me, and I do believe 1999 play off final was the biggest game in the club's history, and allowed us to become the City we are today

This one by a country mile! I will though add the period from 1968 when I first started watching them until 1978 was pretty good too. We won five trophies, six if you include the charity shield. It was all new and exciting to me as well. We should have won another ECWC but injuries cost us. We threw away probably two more titles and how Wolves beat us in the 1974 league cup final I will never know.

The rest might have been a laugh at times but it was still pretty shit. Then there came the awful realisation that barring a miracle we would never compete st the top level again. Thankfully we got one.

90's - The best for going to the match with great mates, having a great time. Every away match turned into a massive piss up. But the football was generally shit

This decade - Easily the best for football. In our history we've won 16 trophies, and 7 have been in the last 7 years, so it's not even debatable

I just wish I could combine the 2 decades and it would have been untouchable. I can't even begin to imagine some of the away trips / sessions we had in places like Barnsley and Sheffield ... but in Barcelona and Munich instead !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.