Best Decade Following City

This one; by a country mile.

this.

I must add though that 65/75 was a great decade. we won stuff. then add.
no internet, no talksport. no Merson. the game was far more honest. no diving, no Anthony Taylor and his mentor Howard the rag. Liverpool, Leeds were great sides too. we had 3pm k.o.'s non of this sat night 7-45 pm shit.

the only reason this present decade is better is the fact we are hurting our haters. I fucking love it.

For me it was the fifties, that is when I started and I hope I am good for a few more years yet.

My first game was the final match of the 59/60 season so like many others on here my life as a Blue has been a roller coaster of emotions. I never thought we would surpass the times we had in the 70's but this current decade takes it hands down for me. In addition to the trophy haul we are now the best team in England by a long way and also with a really good chance of winning the CL. We have never achieved these heights before. Plus there's still 2 years left...........

For me it was the fifties, that is when I started and I hope I am good for a few more years yet.
You certainly live up to your username — here’s to many more years of enjoying our success, mate! ;-)

Modern day for football obviously, but 1980s for everything else. That's when I first travelled home and away; got my first season ticket (as soon as I was earning); felt that City fans were all in it together etc. Stuff like We Never Win At Home.... during that incredibly long run when we didn't win away (ended at Bradford on the night the floodlights failed)... The 80s saw the birth of fanzines and so much else that gave fans a voice. Thatcher hated us and told us we were all hooligans, so what did we do at City? Bring inflatables and have a laugh despite the struggles. The 1980s had more camaraderie amongst Blues in my opinion - we demonstrated together and we laughed together.

Enjoyed the 80's as that was the peak of my away days

But now is the best no question for footballing reasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.