Best Drummer of All Time (Opening Video sorted out)

Three piece suites,cars bought on pcp and shag pile carpets all fade into the dust of time !

But your memories come out of this world with you Goldy.
It's amaxing you take all your memories with you.

Never seen that before - quality!

It's Neil's name that keeps cropping up in every other post and there can be no doubt he's arguably the best drummer of his generation. Those aren't his only talents though, he's the bands outstanding lyricist and a celebrated author of four books to date, producer of instructional videos for drummers, producer of two Buddy Rich tribute albums and so much more. Considering what Neil has gone through in his own personal life with the loss of his only child a 19 year old daughter in a car accident, followed by the death of his wife through cancer less than twelve months later but what Neil describes as a broken heart having never recovered from their daughters death, his wife simply gave up the will to live, his achievements are truly remarkable.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Peart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Peart</a>

Wrote some great books too when he took a sabbatical and rode a motorcycle round America and Canada for a couple of years.... helped him get over the tragedy of losing his daughter then his wife.. a little like the Forrest Gump "I felt like running" moment...

Great drummer... probably the greatest living actually.. I saw Buddy Rich live at the old Davenport Theatre in Stockport when I was a kid and he was something else...

Last edited:
I really don't see how to can say who is the "best"......on what basis?

Contenders:-

John Bonham
Ian Paice
Neil Peart
Ginger Baker

Have to be on the list....

Not necessarily a true "great" but nevertheless, Stewart Copeland was bloody fantastic. I defy anyone to not rate the drumming on this:

The wee guy out the Muppets was quite good. And he had a fist up his arse the whole time.

Beat that for dedication.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.