Best result of the season

Liverpool 5-0

After those losses to Klopp 1-4, 3-0, 1-0 in recent seasons, really enjoyed this drubbing. We got our goal-scoring mojo back after this game.

The best result of the season was the last one at Spurs because we knew then that we had effectively won the league and celebrated as such.

The Chelsea game was probably the key game and performance in the wider context because that told everyone just how good we were.

I mentioned on another thread yesterday Watford away, because I left that game confident something special was coming our way and Chelsea emphatically confirmed it.

I was confident after the preseason that we would win the league but various points along the way built that confidence and TBH I'd point to Swansea away as the one where I just couldn't realistically see anything going wrong.

Liverpool home
United away
Spurs home

All games against the other top sides when it really mattered that helped push us so far ahead of them all that we couldn’t be caught.

After we got that lead we were like a 400m runner belting out of the blocks and getting to top speed. A few got little wins against us but they were really just consolation wins by that time.

When it really mattered, we hammered these sides.

Spurs for me, all the press before the derby pointed to the fact we only to win one game to win the title, given united's second half comeback it felt like they gained 2 games on us there(because having it in our hands to win it last we couldn't alone this week), but going to Spurs an winning before they even kicked a ball must have been hugely deflating

Utd at the dippers.

Utd basically said we not good enough to challenge City but we happy not to lose to 'rivals'

That sums them up for what they are now

Chelsea away , such a dominant performance although not reflected in the score line, walking back to the tube station afterwards talking to Chelsea fans and hearing them say what we were all thinking , that this team were something special and would walk away with the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.