Best result of the season

2-1 away at Bournemouth that kickstarted the 18 match winning run.

Chelsea away illustrated just how much we'd improved, dominating the champions on their own pitch in such an aggressive and suffocating style. This is what Arrigo Sacchi said about it

"I watched Chelsea-Manchester City and it seemed like a different sport,” he said. “It was an extraordinary match, one of the best I've ever seen - fantastic."

That week where we beat Huddersfield, Southampton and West Ham by 2-1 each time was hugely significant though. It kept the 18 win streak going and made us look virtually invincible, there's no doubt that deflated the rags before we'd even played them.

Chelsea away was the best 90 minute performance but Chelsea's subsequent decline makes the win at the swamp the key result for me as it psychologically destroyed the rags hopes of catching us.

For a different perspective Arsenal away. Just dispatched them in the cup, and then we go to a ground where we never usually get much on a freezing cold night and produce that performance.

Napoli away. Winning there, in that style, was a heck of an achievement, capped off with a rather important goal. :-)

Any win, particularly away, against one of the other top six teams sends out a clear message but that three match run: Arsenal at Wembley (Pep's first trophy), Arsenal away then Chelsea at home, all three were won with such composure and confidence that I had to keep pinching myself!

Spurs away for me. After the week we'd had to put that kind of performance in.

UnhappyIllfatedLangur-size_restricted.gif

It took balls

5-0 Liverpool was the most fun...
Napoli away most impressive
Spurs home and away the most pleasing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.