Best Sporting competition you've ever seen live. (Not Football)

Every year I went, about 10 times between 94 and about 2009? The World Cup 7s particularly. I was fortunate to be a corporate guest of HK Land. Met Lomuh, Piennar, Leonard, Campese. Great the years England won it. Hated the arse kissing os Fiji and Serevi... snidey cocky. Loved HK anyway, I used to go there 6 or 7 times a year on business. Fantastic City and the nightlife is unparalleled.

I also went to the 7's each year from about 2009; loved the competition and drinking ...maybe followed by a trip to LKF then wan chai after ;)

2005 Ashes series, most specifically the Saturday of the 2nd test at Edgbaston, one of the greatest sporting atmospheres I have been involved in. I also went to, the Sunday of that test which was nerve jangling, the Saturday at Trent Bridge and the final day when we reclaimed the Ashes after 20 years at the Oval, all of those were great days but nothing matches that Saturday, pure magic.

If watching on TV is allowed then definitely this.

Awesome finish.

The event I watched open mouthed was when Ben Johnson beat Carl Lewis in the 100M in 1988. Although it has subsequently been beaten and his misdeeds are now proven, in the minutes immediately following that race I thought I'd seen something amazing that would probably never be matched. Shows what I know....

Big Daddy and the Dynamite Kid vs Giant Haystacks and some other fucker at the Kings Hall, Belle Vue. Although this may come under theatre.

CQ27tUJ.png

It's "Sports Entertainment"

The event I watched open mouthed was when Ben Johnson beat Carl Lewis in the 100M in 1988. Although it has subsequently been beaten and his misdeeds are now proven, in the minutes immediately following that race I thought I'd seen something amazing that would probably never be matched. Shows what I know....
When he was disqualified, my immediate thought was that, ironically, the fastest animal is the world is a cheetah!

I also went to the 7's each year from about 2009; loved the competition and drinking ...maybe followed by a trip to LKF then wan chai after ;)

LKF... Al's Diner, Stormy Weather... then onto Lockhart Rd, WC... Dusk til Dawn, JBs.. Saw HK bt S Korea in a WC qualifier (15s), but at a smaller stadium in Stanley I think.

hatton vs tszyu. absolutely incredible atmosphere in the MEN arena that night. meant so much personally after attending his fights from way back before he was even british title holder. seeing him get better and better and grow into a world class boxer along the way culminated in that night for me.

Probably Nigel Benn v Gerald McClellan
Tragic what happened but watching that live is something I'll never forget.
Great call. Benn getting hammered, then that comeback. Brutal is the word.
Am I right in thinking that it has never been shown again?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.