Best Sporting competition you've ever seen live. (Not Football)

World Pie eating championships in Wigan 2016 , prime athletes at their peak

The annual pickled lime eating competition circa 1981, venue.....The Ganges, Timperley, Cheshire.
Followed by the memorable beef burger eating competition the following year in the Pelican Hotel, Timperley, Cheshire.
Both truly memorable sporting events of biblical proportions.

There's some bloody weirdos once yer venture into Cheshire.

Tour de France hammering up Cragg Vale!

Right now.
Alex Thomson is challenging to be the first British winner of the Vendee Globe ocean race. With a broken boat he has clawed back 800 miles and is just 100 behind with about 4 days remaining.

On TV it has to be the Rugby World Cup final 2003 and the Ashes in 2005.

Best atmosphere I've been in, was at Eden Park for NZ v Australia in the pool match in Cricket World Cup .

Blackcaps skittled the Aussies for 151 in 32 overs and McCullum came out swinging, but then wicket after wicket fell and the nerves of the kiwis in the ground was unbearable. At 146/9 (23 overs) Boult somehow managed to survive 2 Starc deliveries, Williamson smacked a six and the stadium erupted (the semi-final v SA was also brilliant).

Wrestlemania 19. I know... but it was my first live experience of any kind of america "sport" and it was brilliant. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock as the main event, fantastic!

Ryder Cup,Valldarama,Belfry,Country Club (boston)Two wins one defeat.Was there for all days for all matches.

Clive Hubert Lloyd's last test match innings in England at Kennington Oval. The only time I have ever seen a player get a standing ovation all the way out to the middle, get a duck and get a standing ovation all the way back to the pavilion.
Michael Dunlop winning the opening race at the North West 200 two days after his father was killed on the track, the atmosphere at Metropole corner was awesome as he had taken the lead about half a mile back.
Ireland beating the West Indies at Stormont, the day cricket Ireland realised we had a side that could compete with the big boys

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.