Best video game music of all time ...

giphy.gif

Bastards, you made me listen to The Witcher III OST. And then I remembered the best bits aren't even on it. Two bars and i'm pining for the whole game.

Anyway, there are a few pretty unassuming numbers that work amazingly well coming and going when you're exploring. These are from a video that contains nearly all the No Man's Land/Velen tracks, which are brilliantly evocative of Gerald's strength and purpose in this desperate war-torn land.

How many OST's do you know that were plundered by Massive Attack? Listen to the whole soundtrack and slot these tracks in, you might see what I'm getting at.

......Hmmm.

...2 minutes 20 onwards....

....Hmmm?

Hmmm!!

Go back to the bare theme, move the cello line to a bassline, add the clappy percussion that's pepperred all over the soundtrack... and some female vocals from Skellige, chop it up a bit...

The whole sound track to Last of Us.

After gaming for 33 years I genuinely think this is the greatest sound track of all time.

Just a sample

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.