Biden V Palin

mat said:
Bigga said:
Interestingly, I chose not to watch the BBC News 24 coverage, but chose CNN's, instead. they had a running poll by a focus group of 'uncommitted' Ohio voters. It showed that Palin got beat up in 90% of the graph chart!

In fact, it also showed how WOMEN, the very section Palin was after, leaned toward Biden in almost every thing he had to say over Palin.

But, that aside, Biden beat up Palin. She was so out of her depth with him, it was incredible. Understandably, it took 20 mins for her jitters to stop, but after that she was woman slapped with "stats, fact and figures" and she never really knew how to respond. There was a lot of stuttering to bide time to collect her responses as well. And when she did, reached back to the safe haven of her Alaskan Government and at which, incidentally, the focus group was disatisfied with.

I found it humourous that she point out that Biden was 'pointing backwards' a lot, when McCain's campaign is based on that very notion.

And what was with all the winking, she was doing? It was unprofessional, in the moment and unfocussing, for her. Truly, all the debate did was show her up to be an above average "hockey mom", which has/ will be her undoing.

I would be surprised if this debate hasn't thrusted the Obama/ Biden bid 10 points into the lead! Biden came across determined, forthright and underlining change. Palin came across as the mom who knows best, but very little about what she would do. Saying that, in her pitch about what she would do if she had to lead the country, she chose to talk about changing Washington and supporting the workers of America. Never did she mention foreign policy.

Interesting debate and I'd like to see the fallout result.

She seemed more bothered about looking good, as i said before she was seducing the camera every time there was a close up. The old adage if you believe the lie enough it will become true sprung to mine. I lost count how many times she said "hockey mom,Soccer mom, The inginuity of the American worker...."

Obama is cruising it IMO, but what's the odds a Bin Ladin tape appears between now a polling day rubbishing McCain....?

id be very surprised if a bin laden tape turned up, i mean, he's been in a cellar under the whitehouse for the last 2 years

Matty said:
Danish Blue said:
id be very surprised if a bin laden tape turned up, i mean, he's been in a cellar under the whitehouse for the last 2 years
And I'll be Bush STILL doesn't have a clue!!

natch, even the repulicans didnt want him running for a third term, instead we will have a picture of Palin in her Captainess America suit striding off into the unknown and a few hours later her on the whitehouse lawn with bin laden thrown over her shoulder.

Danish Blue said:
Matty said:
Danish Blue said:
And I'll be Bush STILL doesn't have a clue!!

natch, even the repulicans didnt want him running for a third term, instead we will have a picture of Palin in her Captainess America suit striding off into the unknown and a few hours later her on the whitehouse lawn with bin laden thrown over her shoulder.

This suit will be made of Leather with a very short skirt and thigh length boots i reckon.

I also thought Biden played a significant hand in damaging Palin's stance over family and sacrififice, when he stated he has been a single parent family with 2 sons seriously injured(I'm assuming in a war), not knowing if they would make it(and there were fought back emotions here). It put into perspective Palin's sending of her own son to Iraq, that she's not the only one.

AND he underlined that just because he's a man, that shouldn't undervalue his achievements as a lone parent. Awesome statement. She just didn't know how to respond to that.

Bigga said:
I also thought Biden played a significant hand in damaging Palin's stance over family and sacrififice, when he stated he has been a single parent family with 2 sons seriously injured(I'm assuming in a war), not knowing if they would make it(and there were fought back emotions here). It put into perspective Palin's sending of her own son to Iraq, that she's not the only one.

AND he underlined that just because he's a man, that shouldn't undervalue his achievements as a lone parent. Awesome statement. She just didn't know how to respond to that.

I've checked up on Biden and it's not war related at all, see the quote below (from Wikipedia, but I'd have thought you can trust the accuracy on this one):-

Biden's wife and year-old daughter were killed in an automobile accident while Christmas shopping in Hockessin, Delaware on December 18, 1972. Biden's two sons, Beau and Hunter, were critically injured in the accident, but both eventually made full recoveries.

Yeah, just happen to catch the news referring to that.

However, tragedy is tragedy whether in war or civilian life because the averse results are the same, eh. Palin hasn't suffered it, so her family raising exploits are nothing in comparison to Biden's, who came out the other side a stronger guy.

Bigga said:
And what was with all the winking, she was doing?
i found that to be creepy and patronizing. Tina Fey may run with that one.

I would be surprised if this debate hasn't thrusted the Obama/ Biden bid 10 points into the lead!

i'd be shocked. i'd agree that Biden had the better of it but a) vp debates rarely affect anything, b) expectations for Palin were extremely low, so she at least exceeded them, and c) the economic rescue plan vote will wipe the VP debate right off the news cycle in short order.

as for those who said they would re: Mrs. Palin: you can have her; bit chunky for me.

i'd be shocked. i'd agree that Biden had the better of it but a) vp debates rarely affect anything, b) expectations for Palin were extremely low, so she at least exceeded them, and c) the economic rescue plan vote will wipe the VP debate right off the news cycle in short order.

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.